Alleghany Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Grayson Inn & Suites(Independence)
Highlander Motel(Jefferson)
View Hotel
Jefferson Landing Lodge(West Jefferson)
  • Pool
  • Fitness centre
View Hotel
All reviewsthe blue ridge parkwayolder hotelstayed herestay there againfront desk clerkcoffee makernice stayper nighttwo nightsmotorcyclencamenitiesmicrowavefurnituredowntown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 September 2012

I pulled off the BRP lookIng for just a basic hotel room. I was very happy to find a clean, comfortable room at a fair price. The new flat screen TV and friendly staff were an added bonus. The whole place is well lighted, clean and well maintained. I wish more places followed this winning formula.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Grendel930
Reviewed 16 September 2012

This hotel worked out just fine for our stay in Sparta. It was modest but clean, with quite a few amenities, including a microwave, mini-refrigerator, big TV, and, most importantly, free high speed internet access. It is conveniently located in downtown Sparta, and the little restaurant that shares its parking lot had good, cheap breakfast fare that came quicker than McDonalds and tasted way better! I noticed that one reviewer said that there are no good restaurants in town except at the bowling alley. We hosted 16 folks to lunch at Browns Restaurant in downtown Sparta after my mother's memorial service, and I thought it was quite good. I had the fried trout, and that was yummy.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank CarefreeRetiree2002
Reviewed 6 August 2012

I highly recommend this great motel in the mountains. I was there recently on a motorcycle trip. I try to stay in locally owned motels, and have been to some great ones and some very bad ones. The motel is very clean, the staff very helpful, and I plan to stay there in the future. The motel is close to several restaurants that are above average. There is no breakfast at the motel, but that seems to be the norm with motels like this.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Stuart P
Reviewed 2 July 2012

We stayed at this motel to attend the Elk Creek Fiddlers Convention in Elk Creek, about 15 miles away. We had a great room near the office, every usual motel luxury and reliable wi-fi. Neat as a pin, looked quite up to date to me even though the building is obviously older. THere is a fast food type diner next door (not a chain) where you can grab breakfast. We want to come back and book the same room for the Sparta Fiddlers Convention!

Room Tip: There are rooms at the back of the motel that are quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2012

The hotel is what I expected, the problem is that there is nothing to do in Sparta and no decent restaurants or bars, other than in the bowling alley.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family