I booked an RV site at their campground because our fist pick was full. Booking was easy with a very friendly staff and also very affordable compared to other campgrounds in the area. Heres the down sides,
1. This place is VERY difficult to find if you have never been there! My gps did not even recognize the road it is on and if you miss the signs, your lost.
2. Once we gog there, right at dark, there was a map provided for us of the grounds. When we finally found the road to the campground, WOAH! It was a narrow gravel/pavment road that looked like it led to nowhere a camper should be towed.
3. When we got to the sites, they were not clearly marked, and we had to circle back around the again, narrow, road to find a suitable site. The site was not level at all and it was a huge pain to set the camper up on the gravel site.
4. The bath house was in need of a very big facelift. Looked very dirty and the showers, well, they needed some MAJOR tlc!! Not a shower that I looked foward to using, but it did the job.
5. Ponds to fish were not "stocked" and goose poop was everywhere at the "swimming" area, which I WOULD NOT advise to swim in!!
6. The dump station was not easy to use and very unlevel.
1. Very friendly staff and easy to deal with.
2. Peaceful campground.
3. Nice cabins to rent as an alternative.
Over all, I would like to come back to Springmaid Mountain IF, they updated the grounds and fixed the roads so you dont feel like you are going the wrong way into nowhere (paved and widened the acess road and campground road) and leveled the sites. Until then I will camp elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Springmaid Mountain is a secluded 400-acre retreat located on the North Toe River, offering visitors peace, quiet and tranquility. Just a mile-and-a-half off the Blue Ridge Parkway, Springmaid Mountain is the perfect place to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Springmaid Mountain is open to visitors year-round. The retreat is located in Spruce Pine, North Carolina, which was named one of the "South's Next Great Mountain Towns." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Booking.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Springmaid Mountain reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.