“A good time”
Review of Gluttons Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Gluttons Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are loccated in New Towne Shopping Center off of I-77 and have been in business for 28 years. If you are looking for a GREAT STEAK and a friendly locally owned restaurant Gluttons is your place!
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Great decor and furnishings with incredible artwork from the owner's brother. We had a wonderful meal and met some nice friendly people. The salmon and steak were nicely done and served with tasty sides. The wait staff was very attentive and the owner visited our table a few times. We don't visit chain restaurants when we travel so this was a good find. The only drawback is the old strip mall it is located in but the interior of the restaurant was well worth the visit. After dinner we wandered around to view the wonderful artwork.

1  Thank BPHP

Reviewed 25 September 2013

I had dinner with a business associate here recently. The location is convenient but in the middle of an older strip mall so nothing special. Décor inside was a little better. The prices were reasonable and the menu was varied. I had a filet mignon which I rated as very good. It was priced less than the usual upscale steakhouse and was prepared correctly. What really stood out was the extremely friendly staff. Not friendly like the forced smiles at big box sales outlets, but rather "local" friendly. The place had a warm feel and a good vibe and pushed the rating that I gave up.

4  Thank traveloften028
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Nice menu and great drinks. They are very late and staff to keep you warm and comfortable. Very close to the highway and Brookwood Inn in Statesville, NC as well as to JR and shoe shop.

2  Thank Sandy H
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Dined early on Saturday night, no problem getting a table. Interesting decor, given that the location is in the middle of an L-strip mall, but nothing special. Our table ordered the Glutton burger (okay, a bit pricey), two linguini Alfredos - on with grilled chicken, and one filet of flounder sandwich. Everything was "okay", prices were moderate, service was attentive (refilling drinks, for example) but very slow to deliver the mains, especially given the simplicity of our orders and the light traffic. Not exactly a winner, but not a loser, either. We did not try anything from the bar, or any of the steaks, so I would not want my rating to be taken as comprehensive.

Reviewed 29 June 2013

This restaurant set in a strip mall, off I-77 at exit 50 , I think, just NC is a Their daily specials cover a variety of cuisines most notably Southern Good cooking. I had Chicken and dumplings. Off the charts while my husband had the fall off the bone Pork Ribs with a Carolina mustard sauce. Our meal was delicious, well served and a real value. This is a locals place that will have everyone traveling through on I-77

4  Thank Jennifer C