“Wonderful!”
Review of Statesville KOA

Statesville KOA
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Statesville
Statesville KOA
Kernersville, North Carolina
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed 18 April 2013

We made reservations to camp at Lake Myers about 5 miles from KOA. When we arrived at Lake Myers, to say we were disappointed is a huge understatement. We left Lake Myers and drove just a few miles to KOA. The people immediately greeted us, were very friendly and made us feel welcome from the second we walked in the door. They escorted us to our site and asked if we need anything else. Campground was very clean, peaceful and absolutely beautiful! Lots of things for the kids, clean bath house, lake with fountain that is lit at night, cabins and so much more! This will definitely be a regular trip for us. Wonderful experience!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Becky C

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Battle Creek, MI
Reviewed 21 August 2012

We stayed here one night August 16, 2012 as we were on our way home. Very easy location to access from the hwy. I saw only a gas station at this exit. Campground was clean, pool was clean also. We had a patio with rod iron patio furniture. We had arrived around 7 pm our grandkids used the pool......and had fun and then it was time for dinner and bed. We were in campsite #53. We would stay here again......

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank TerriC305
North Carolina
Reviewed 25 July 2012

I just wanted to leave a little feedback about my experience today. I have been going to this KOA with my children for some time now as we live very close. I take the kids once a week, sometimes more and purchase a day pass for the pool. I have never had any problems until today when I was approached by the owner's wife twice. Let me say I had no idea who this woman was, have never seen her before in previous visits and she failed to tell me who she was when she approached me. The first incident was over a pool brush on a long pole that my daughter was using to get a toy for my son from the deep end of the pool as none of my party was able to retrieve it. The lady came up to me and began to tell me we weren't allowed to use the pool equipment, which I apologized multiple times for. She then began to question what we were doing and why and I calmly explained what was going on with the toy. She then told a young girl from her party to jump in and retrieve the toy. I thanked them and went about my way. Not even 3 minutes later the same lady (owner's wife) approached my children as they were swimming in my presence and began to ask them if any of them were 18 and just kept questioning them about their age until I told her I was over 18. At this point her behavior and the way she was speaking to me and my children had me very upset. Keep in mind I still had no idea who this woman was. I told my children to exit the pool and I proceeded inside to speak to Melanie inside the office. As I was waiting to speak with Melanie the lady came in and went behind the counter. The lady very rudely told Melanie that "she's here to talk to you about me", the lady then informed me that she is the owner's wife and Melanie said yes so you will need to speak with her. At that time I started to speak with the lady and apologized for the pole incident and she was very rude and short with me. I then told her that I was over 18 and in fact am 31 years old. Again she was very rude and short with me. I then told her that we have been coming up there every week this summer and she stated in a rude manner once again "well I'm always here and I've never seen you", turned her head and walked away. A couple hours later a few people from her party, including the girl she told to retrieve my son's toy came back to the pool. They made us feel very uncomfortable and later the owner (husband) stopped by to speak with the people and I could hear them speaking bad about us to him. At this point we left. I once again went inside the office and spoke with Melanie about the situation. This whole thing saddens me as I loved to go there with my kids and swim. I now feel as if this will no longer be the case. I felt very attacked by this lady and I feel that her behavior was uncalled for. As I told Melanie it's not the what it's the how. This lady, now known as Mrs. Brown could have handled this situation a whole lot better than she did. She needs a lesson or two in communication and customer service. I never one time raised my voice, got rude and used fowl language with any of the staff during this incident.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
18 Thank jostroud

Travellers are raving about these Statesville hotels

Charleston,SC
Reviewed 30 August 2011

Just spent the night here as a rest stop on the way to the Virginia mountains. We opted for full service so we could rinse the black tank while we were there. Parked us between two full time residents that had been there a long time. Small site with sewer pipe at least 15" off the ground. Sewer unusable for use! High interstate noise at night. 40.00 + tax for the night. I won't go back!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Chascampr
planet earth
Reviewed 4 July 2011

Campground was quiet. Nice dog walking area and friendly staff. Only recommendation would be to use bottled water or a filter pitcher for morning coffee and mixed drinks as water had an off taste to it...water pressure was a little low too. Not a deal-breaker either way. Would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Michigan
Reviewed 24 October 2009

The Statesville, NC KOA has wonderful staff who are polite and helpful. I have to mention, though, that cleaning the showers is an issue. There was literally 6 inches of mold from the bottom of the shower curtains. Even though I mentioned it to a staff member, it remained moldy until I left two days later.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
Northern Michigan
Reviewed 30 August 2008

August 2008 3 day stay
Entry is weird, had to take NB on ramp to I-77 and then exit onto a service drive. Located on bluff overlooking I-77 so expressway noise is constant. Major drawback is that the sewage system has multiple vents in the roads thru out the park---so there is a continual sewage odor which is worse when ever some one is dumping their tanks.
About 1/2 of the park is set up for long term use.
Pool is great and the ice was cheap.
Staff was friendly but this was the only KOA that did not show us to our site.
Camping World outlet several miles north.
When we spoke to other campers after setting up in
a different KOA we heard the same sentiments.

1 Thank Retired-Lt
Also consider these accommodations in or near Statesville
Red Roof PLUS+ Statesville
Hampton Inn Statesville
Hampton Inn Statesville
#1 of 21 in Statesville
Hampton Inn & Suites Mooresville/Lake Norman

Been to Statesville KOA? Share your experiences!