“Easy access and convenient location!”
Review of Statesville KOA

Statesville KOA
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Statesville
Statesville KOA
Reviewed 29 March 2014

On this visit we spent one night in a motorhome with slide- outs. We've stayed at this KOA before, too. Overall, it is a convenient campground and we will stay here again if we are in the area.

The pro's are: (1) easy access to and from I-77; (2) our site was level and a reasonable size for our coach; (3) clean laundry facilities; (4) free cable TV; (5) free WiFi; (6) each site has a picnic table and grill.

The con's are--and these wouldn't be negatives for everyone: (1) no paved sites; (2) children's play area was small and looked a little shabby; (3) pool is seasonal; (4) we don't travel with pets, but the dog walk did not appear to be in a convenient location-- it's at the back of the park and we didn't see anyone using it.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cmpvb

Reviewed 21 October 2013

After buying a new RV from Statesville, we stayed at the KOA for 3 days. We enjoyed relaxing around the pool which was clean. We found the staff to be quite friendly and very helpful. We did not notice any of the problems others saw. While a little pricy, its ok for an overnighter as it is right on the interstate and easily accessible.

if you are looking for rooms, they have very nice cottages for rent as well.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TXRVer09
Reviewed 6 July 2013

We stayed here in a 5th Wheel. The stay was not good at all!!! The staff was very nice and informative, however the camp ground was a big disappointment. It is very run down and badly in need of gravel on the camp sites. The Homesteaders or workers (not sure which) makes the camp ground look really bad. We were in a spot beside either a worker or homesteaders rig was really ran down. We will not go back to this KOA. The $48.00 per night is not worth it. On the plus side we did have 50 amp, Good Water Pressure, Sewer, A good Wifi connection and sewer.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MarineMike1975
Reviewed 18 April 2013

We made reservations to camp at Lake Myers about 5 miles from KOA. When we arrived at Lake Myers, to say we were disappointed is a huge understatement. We left Lake Myers and drove just a few miles to KOA. The people immediately greeted us, were very friendly and made us feel welcome from the second we walked in the door. They escorted us to our site and asked if we need anything else. Campground was very clean, peaceful and absolutely beautiful! Lots of things for the kids, clean bath house, lake with fountain that is lit at night, cabins and so much more! This will definitely be a regular trip for us. Wonderful experience!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Becky C
Reviewed 21 August 2012

We stayed here one night August 16, 2012 as we were on our way home. Very easy location to access from the hwy. I saw only a gas station at this exit. Campground was clean, pool was clean also. We had a patio with rod iron patio furniture. We had arrived around 7 pm our grandkids used the pool......and had fun and then it was time for dinner and bed. We were in campsite #53. We would stay here again......

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank TerriC305
Reviewed 25 July 2012

I just wanted to leave a little feedback about my experience today. I have been going to this KOA with my children for some time now as we live very close. I take the kids once a week, sometimes more and purchase a day pass for the pool. I have never had any problems until today when I was approached by the owner's wife twice. Let me say I had no idea who this woman was, have never seen her before in previous visits and she failed to tell me who she was when she approached me. The first incident was over a pool brush on a long pole that my daughter was using to get a toy for my son from the deep end of the pool as none of my party was able to retrieve it. The lady came up to me and began to tell me we weren't allowed to use the pool equipment, which I apologized multiple times for. She then began to question what we were doing and why and I calmly explained what was going on with the toy. She then told a young girl from her party to jump in and retrieve the toy. I thanked them and went about my way. Not even 3 minutes later the same lady (owner's wife) approached my children as they were swimming in my presence and began to ask them if any of them were 18 and just kept questioning them about their age until I told her I was over 18. At this point her behavior and the way she was speaking to me and my children had me very upset. Keep in mind I still had no idea who this woman was. I told my children to exit the pool and I proceeded inside to speak to Melanie inside the office. As I was waiting to speak with Melanie the lady came in and went behind the counter. The lady very rudely told Melanie that "she's here to talk to you about me", the lady then informed me that she is the owner's wife and Melanie said yes so you will need to speak with her. At that time I started to speak with the lady and apologized for the pole incident and she was very rude and short with me. I then told her that I was over 18 and in fact am 31 years old. Again she was very rude and short with me. I then told her that we have been coming up there every week this summer and she stated in a rude manner once again "well I'm always here and I've never seen you", turned her head and walked away. A couple hours later a few people from her party, including the girl she told to retrieve my son's toy came back to the pool. They made us feel very uncomfortable and later the owner (husband) stopped by to speak with the people and I could hear them speaking bad about us to him. At this point we left. I once again went inside the office and spoke with Melanie about the situation. This whole thing saddens me as I loved to go there with my kids and swim. I now feel as if this will no longer be the case. I felt very attacked by this lady and I feel that her behavior was uncalled for. As I told Melanie it's not the what it's the how. This lady, now known as Mrs. Brown could have handled this situation a whole lot better than she did. She needs a lesson or two in communication and customer service. I never one time raised my voice, got rude and used fowl language with any of the staff during this incident.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
18  Thank jostroud
Reviewed 30 August 2011

Just spent the night here as a rest stop on the way to the Virginia mountains. We opted for full service so we could rinse the black tank while we were there. Parked us between two full time residents that had been there a long time. Small site with sewer pipe at least 15" off the ground. Sewer unusable for use! High interstate noise at night. 40.00 + tax for the night. I won't go back!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family