“Opened in 1985, we've eaten here since 1995”
Review of Carolina Bar B Q - CLOSED

Carolina Bar B Q
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This is a favorite stopping place on our trips down I-77 to Charlotte, NC. You get genuine NC Bar-BQ, either as a full dinner or as sandwiches. Tab for 2 meals at lunch on a Tuesday was $17.22.

No alcohol or wifi

For kids, there is an antique model railroad suspended from the ceiling which runs around the dining room.

There are newer reviews for Carolina Bar B Q

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

My first intro to real bar b q was here at Carolina. The food was great and if you leave hungry its your fault! They have 2 sauces to choose from. The mild sauce is tomato based. The hot sauce is vinegar based and is sometimes referred to as "Lexington style". The prices are reasonable and two people can eat here for under $24.00.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Excellent BBQ. Get a chopped sandwich with red slaw - yum! All of the meat selections are good, vegetables are mostly the fried variety. But what else do you need with a sandwich? Hush puppies and/or fries! The BBQ salad is a nice choice - add ranch and hot BBQ sauce. Most times I have been the owner stops by the table. Do save room for cobbler. There is a to go window - call and go pick up. This is a casual, easy-going restaurant. The waitresses call you "honey" :-)

1  Thank Janet F
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I was looking for a unique place to eat and we found it!. Two of us shared a sampler and I think 1-2 more could have shared it with us. It offered a nice variety of southern foods like ribs, pulled pork, fried corn, friend squash and much more. And I do not ever remember getting my food so fast at ANY sit down restaurant. It is a good value!

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

This local restaurant is a great place for a quick casual meal in a "down home" atmosphere. I typically get the BBQ chicken and it is yummy. The hush puppies are huge and sinfully delicious. Nice family atmosphere!

1  Thank Mary0212