Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Statesville
Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Statesville
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I've spent many nights at this hotel for Business Travel. It is a great location off the highway. Numerous places to eat and shop. Clean rooms, professional staff, very accommodating. There was a manager reception during the week, complimentary food and drinks - was a nice way to wind down after a day of work.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I found this property on the IHG app, just as a result of my traveling. And an awesome place to stay! Great location, huge parking lot, and the staff is absolutely some of the most courteous and polite crews I've ever encountered. at any hotel!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Newer hotel, clean, enjoyed my stay. The hotel has a small gym and an indoor pool. Enjoyed the free breakfast and had plenty of tables for all of the guests. My room was located across from the indoor pool which had very high ceilings and a comfortable bed. Only issue is no pets

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We stayed here travelling thru for one night and stopped so we could watch USA-Germany World Cup game. To my surprise they had a nice spread of free appetizers and snacks so we watched game there. I don't drink but they also had free beer. It seemed about the same as Staybridge does. Rooms were comfortable and clean

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We were stopping en route to Durham and got in late. It was nice that we had a quick check in and had a very nice suite.
The beds were comfortable and the room was large enough to accommodate us easily.
Slept well and didn't really hear any noise even though we were on the first floor.
Breakfast was as good as any with many choices.
The hotel was close to the interstate which was great. I would stay again if in the area.

1  Thank yuveeay
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Just stayed for a night because I was in town for a wedding. The room was very nice and clean, it was much better then I expected. Location couldn't have been better. It was right off the highway and close to restaurants and Walmart. There is currently construction on the highway so if you are noise sensitive, please pick another place.

The beds were wonderful! The only negative is that the pillows were too soft. I also had issues with the toilet handle not working properly but it wasn't something I couldn't deal with. The room also had a mini refrigerator, microwave, and a mini sink. Oh did I mention free internet and "hot" breakfast until 9:30am. The breakfast wasn't anything to write home about but it's something to get your day started.

Overall, I would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Room 417 was right across the elevator and facing the front, despite that the room was still quiet.
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My sister and I just spent 3 days at this HIE while visiting family, and I will not be returning. Between a very noisy air conditioner and right-next-door highway construction that went on all night (trucks' beeping back-up signals), we kept waking up all night long. The lobby is downright depressing, sparsely furnished with what I can only call Walmart-chic furniture, not a live plant or painting to be seen, and worst of all, there is a distinct funky smell when you walk in the front door. After breakfast, there was no coffee or water available for the rest of the day as is usual at other nearby HIE properties I have stayed at. The elevator was painfully slow. It was much faster to take the stairs. All this for a relatively pricey rate. On the plus side, the room was clean, comfortable and bonus-sized, and the housekeeper was very nice and conscientious. She obviously took pride in her work and we tipped her accordingly. Sorry I could not leave a more positive review in other areas.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the other side of the building from I-40!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Statesville, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear syounger,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. We are glad to see that you left some feedback on what you liked as well as what fell below your expectations. We are deeply sorry for any inconveniences you have experienced. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. We are hospitality professionals and strive to be the best. Your comments will be looked into.

Jaime W