Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Statesville
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Statesville
Reviewed 24 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Good for overnight stay with family. Room was very clean and bed was comfortable. Breakfast was ok,

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed at this location in April 2014 on our way to Florida. I booked this motel due to reviews I read as other options in the area did not have good reviews. The room was clean but it all ended there. My biggest complaint is the noise levels, the ac unit was the loudest I have ever heard in my life. I travel to Jamaica (a third world country) each year and their units are much better. I did not get any sleep because the unit was so loud and you only had 4 choices high heat, low heat, high cool and low cool, I could not find a comfortable temperature in the room. Also the walls and floors did not offer any noise reduction. I heard everything that was happening in the rooms next to me, above me and below me. Once the first guest gets up the rest of the motel gets up. I was up 2 full hours before my alarm was set because that was when the guest above me got up and I heard every step he took and every conversation he had. The overhead lighting made me feel as if I was in a hospital room, that along with the mirror along the wall over the beds was all very tacky, not at all inviting. The shower head was a joke, it was so small and did not have any pressure. The towels were clean but not of the best quality, they had seen better days. On 3 separate occassions I saw guests at the front desk looking for assistance, they had to wait becasue the front desk associate was out front having a cigarette. Comepletey unacceptable behavior. There was nothing nearby, I asked about a place for dinner and was handed a list of restaurants, no address or suggestions just a list of chain restaurants that were several exits away. Don't even bother with breakfast. The "hot" item was a refrigerated chickn biscuit that you had to heat up in the microwave. On this same trip I stayed at Wingates by Wyndham hotels which were all about the same price and a much better room with much better service. I rated the Microtel a 1 star and the Wingates 5 stars!

Room Tip: If you need a quiet room choose a different motel/hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Upon renting the room, I was told we would be in a queen room. I never expected such a sweet suite! There was so much space for my daughter and I. It was a great half way stop after a long day of driving from Florida. The shower and bathroom were in great shape and all of our toiletries were clean! (Other reviews had me worried. Don't be. The staff was so nice. If you do, I'm sure they would be more than happy to help.) Check out my pictures!

While there are only a few places to eat and gas up on this exit, I used the free wifi and found a great location only a few minutes away still in Statesville, just an exit down the highway. (Take 77N to US-21N/Sullivan. Take exit 151 from 40W-continue until you see the strip of restaurants and exit).

Breakfast is great. It includes waffles, bagels, cereal, microwaveable sandwiches, yogurt and fruit!

This Microtel while less expensive than the rest in the area, offers so much more for a good night's rest!!

• Stayed: April 2014