“Hidden treasure of a place. . .” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Silver Spur Saloon

Silver Spur Saloon
Ranked #63 of 157 Restaurants in Statesville
Concord, NC
“Hidden treasure of a place. . .”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stumbled across the website for the silver spur when we were looking for a place to eat on the way to Boone from Charlotte. It completely exceeded our expectations! The food was great. My family of four ate for around $20. My 3 year old that never eats anything ate her entire burger. We had poppers & onion rings that were fantastic. My husbands burger was huge, juicy and perfect (or so he said, I didn't get any) and I had a great chicken wrap. This place has so much character I can't even find words. It has the feel of a saloon, yet it is family friendly at least earlish when we were there. I think it turns into a bar later, so best of both worlds? While we were eating there was live music and it was good. We ate inside but there is also an outside area to drink and/or eat. You can park behind it I think but if you want to use the front door you have to take a short walk or ride your horse. You can tie your horse up in front. The town is something to see on its own and we will definitely be back, maybe for a weekend. It is built like an old west town and only horses are allowed on the Main Street. The best thing about this place is how friendly everyone was. The staff was truly concerned that we were having an enjoyable meal. Even the clientele were some of the nicest people I have ever encountered. One birthday party offered my kids ice cream cake and some other nice people let them pet and sit on their horses. It was one of the most delightful evenings my family has had in a while. I don't have any negatives for myself but I guess if you are looking for fine dining and white table cloths this isn't your place. This type of experience can't be manufactured or caned and turned into a chain. . .for us it was a great evening for an incredible value and something we could never do at home. Fun footnote: we were taking the kids to tweetsie and this fit great with the old west theme and got them more excited!

• Visited June 2014
6 Thank luv2vacation0

Mocksville, North Carolina
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

Food is awesome. Try it, you'll like it. Your dining experience will be enjoyable as it would be at any restaurant you'd find in a larger city but you have an atmosphere like no other. You may even get to see some line dance lessons going on if you go on a Friday night.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank BlondeFilly
Love Valley, North Carolina
“Silver Spur Saloon in Love Valley NC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

Excellent food, cold beverages, weekend entertainment, including open mike and live bands, and don't forget to visit the Chicken Coop

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Buctoff
Love Valley, North Carolina
“Silver Spur”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

Wonderful owners, great food, fun times. Take a step back into the old west. Located at the end of our beautiful town.

Visited April 2013