“2 minutes off the Interstate”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Clichy Inn

Clichy Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Statesville B&B and Inns
GTA
“2 minutes off the Interstate”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

We were tired at staying at the discount inns that line the Interstate on our annual trek to warmer climes. Just off the highway is this delightful B&B that is just as comfy as home. A warm welcome to the historical house and a large room with lovely linens is a vivid contrast to the accommodations along the highway. Dinner recommendations were spot on and a 3 minute drive away (or walkable if weather permits). After a great night's sleep, breakfast was hot, tasty and plentiful. Lori has created a little oasis for the weary traveller. All this for the same price as by the highway.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Siler City, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

I was fortunate to have this wonderful inn recommended to me as I participated in a fiber show in town. The Clichy Inn was worth a trip in itself to Statesville. Charming, extraordinary, relaxing, yummy, quiet, unique, there are just not enough words to describe my recent experience there.
Thank you so much to Lori, the terrific owner/innkeeper for offering the perfect place to just be pampered and relax!
Sue
Twin Birch Products, Siler City, NC

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

I loved this quaint little diamond in the rough - I try to avoid generic hotels for this very reason. Amazing places run by amazing people are tucked all over the place. Service was friendly, Lori was absolutely accomodating, the rooms were fun and eccentric and breakfast was delicious.

There was self serve coffee available around the clock as well as access to bottled water and sodas in the downstairs fridge. She also has a dog and a cat which were absolutely sweet. If you don't like house pets then you may want to rethink staying here, but I found them absolutely delightful and charming. They hung out under my breakfast table (NOT BEGGING) which gave me the distinct feeling of being at home.

Lori even mailed me my shoe which I had forgotten in my rush to leave without my even asking.

LOVE.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Newburyport, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

My husband and I recently spent two nights at the Clichy Inn while visiting relatives in Statesville. The Bacchus room was just so lovely and cozy, the bed super comfortable, both bath and room perfectly appointed with every need in mind ... Lori is the consummate hostess -- she seems to have thought of everything you might want or need (including nice extras such as the communal frig with complimentary water and apples)...and did I mention she's a fabulous cook? Breakfast is a real treat, and truly a full breakfast with fruit, egg dishes if you like, bacon or sausage, home baked muffins, toast and often home made jam, juice, tea/coffee .... we didn't leave hungry! Lori is a great resource for where to go and what to do -- she knows places in town I've never heard of, and I've been visiting my mother there for twenty years!! Treat yourself to a stay at the Clichy Inn; we'll certainly be back!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Cape Canaveral, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

We just returned from our third stay at the Clichy Inn in Statesville, NC. It is always a warm and welcoming haven after our 10+ hour drive from Florida. Lori is a wonderful hostess and her breakfasts are second to none (pumpkin pancakes this time!) We love the carriage house and feel so much at home there. Every part of the house is beautifully decorated and comfortable. Statesville is a charming, quaint little town and we especially enjoy Mezzaluna Restaurant and the Wine Maestro, both within easy walking distance. We are already looking forward to our next visit!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Hockessin, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

We had a delightful stay at the Clichy Inn. Our first floor bedroom was beautifully appointed with a wonderfully comfortable bed. Breakfast was fresh and delicious and our host Lori was charming. Her display of paperweights, while apparently significantly reduced from its original state, included many unique and lovely pieces. We hope to return when we can stay longer.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

Very comfortable room in interesting old house furnished with many antiques. Very friendly owner who made us feel at home. Good breakfast - tasty french toast.
Convenient location in easy walking distance of restuaurants and bars. Off street parking.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple