“Overnight in Statesville, NC”
Review of Clichy Inn

Clichy Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Statesville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I picked the Clichy Inn from the internet not knowing what I would get in a smaller Southern town. Boy, what a great surprise. Large rooms. Firm mattress, Max and a great breakfast. Decor is true to the era of the house. Much public space. Menus available from many local restaurants.
Lori, our hostess, could not have been nicer. Definitely on my list of places to return.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 March 2014

I was surprised to see the level of perfection the owner put in to create this gem filled with beautiful decor, antiques, lightings and warm spirit throughout. It certainly reminded me of family owned inns I stayed in Europe. The attention to detailed at the Clichy Inn is amazing. I would not consider another place in this area and even beyond to stay other that here now. I hear that this inn celebrates the 10th year anniversary this year. Hope to return soon! Thanks for the quick and unexpected trip back to the old Europe for the night. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I stayed at Clichy Inn while I was in Statesville on business. I found that the owner, Lori, was not only knowledgeable of local places to eat and visit, but went out of her way to ensure my comfort. The inn sits within short walking distance of downtown Statesville, which was not only convenient, but also made the stay quiet and peaceful. Additionally, Lori made a fabulous breakfast, and was kind enough to sit down and provide a history of the area while I ate. I would certainly stay here again, as the quality, comfort, and courteousness I experienced during my visit far surpassed staying in any chain hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Great accomodations and service for our second stay...

Beautiful house with downtown location.

Lori prepared delicious breakfasts and was extremely pleasant and helpful on local news / events.

Susan / Toby Moore

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 February 2014

We were tired at staying at the discount inns that line the Interstate on our annual trek to warmer climes. Just off the highway is this delightful B&B that is just as comfy as home. A warm welcome to the historical house and a large room with lovely linens is a vivid contrast to the accommodations along the highway. Dinner recommendations were spot on and a 3 minute drive away (or walkable if weather permits). After a great night's sleep, breakfast was hot, tasty and plentiful. Lori has created a little oasis for the weary traveller. All this for the same price as by the highway.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I was fortunate to have this wonderful inn recommended to me as I participated in a fiber show in town. The Clichy Inn was worth a trip in itself to Statesville. Charming, extraordinary, relaxing, yummy, quiet, unique, there are just not enough words to describe my recent experience there.
Thank you so much to Lori, the terrific owner/innkeeper for offering the perfect place to just be pampered and relax!
Sue
Twin Birch Products, Siler City, NC

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I loved this quaint little diamond in the rough - I try to avoid generic hotels for this very reason. Amazing places run by amazing people are tucked all over the place. Service was friendly, Lori was absolutely accomodating, the rooms were fun and eccentric and breakfast was delicious.

There was self serve coffee available around the clock as well as access to bottled water and sodas in the downstairs fridge. She also has a dog and a cat which were absolutely sweet. If you don't like house pets then you may want to rethink staying here, but I found them absolutely delightful and charming. They hung out under my breakfast table (NOT BEGGING) which gave me the distinct feeling of being at home.

Lori even mailed me my shoe which I had forgotten in my rush to leave without my even asking.

LOVE.