“Mayos. Ristos. Very good in new downtown”
Review of Mayo's Ristorante & Lounge - CLOSED

Mayo's Ristorante & Lounge
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Davidson, North Carolina
“Mayos. Ristos. Very good in new downtown”
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Excellent salads and appetizers. Nice pub adjacent to the restaurant, in newly renovated downtown. Located 1 mile from I-40

• Visited July 2012

Statesville, North Carolina
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Used to book reservations here for the company I worked for when they wanted to do something 'special' for guests coming to town. My husband and I ate there on occasion but seemed the service wasn't as good as we had remembered and have had better food elsewhere and paid less.

Visited May 2012
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
“Great Experience”
Reviewed 18 July 2012

Referred by my hotel. I have been traveling for 30 years on business and this was the one of best experiences and totally unexpected. Try it, you won't be disappointed. The Owner and her staff make you feel special and welcome. A great change from the typical chains we all are familiar with. Thanks for a great evening!

• Visited July 2012
Statesville, North Carolina
“Upscale Local Restaurant”
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Food not consistent - veal piccata was not pounded, simply sauteed and served as tough beef. Other dishes were okay. When owner is present food is much better. High prices should always dictate high quality.

Visited August 2011
1 Thank Barry G
Wlkesboro
“Perfect Evening”
Reviewed 13 May 2012

We go to Statesville monthly and my husband is originally from there. Since we are normally there in the afternoon, we had tried twice to eat at Ristro's Place but they are closed in the afternoon as are a lot of restaurants in other towns. On the way back from Charlotte a week ago Friday and frazzled by the traffic, we bypassed Red Rock Cafe in Huntersville and happened to think it was after 5 p.m. and we could go to Ristro's. What a great decision. My husband and I love finding new fav places and this will be one now. We love Nobles in Winston, La Cava in Salisbury, The Lobster Trap in Asheville, and 21 & Main in Elkin. We had a fantastic waitress and by the end of the evening felt she was our best friend. Not a large restaurant but I loved the way ambient light shone from higher cut out windows that did not blind you. A nice wine list and we shared a delicious salad with candied walnuts and blue cheese with walnut vinaigrette dressing.

My husband ordered the lightly pan fried flounder which I dreaded as he loves fried flounder and is rarely pleased with it but cleaned his plate. I had the spinach, walnut and cheese stuffed chicken breast. Both were delicious with good side dishes.

We also heard the couple at the table next to us talking to their waitress and that they came there every week and were their biggest fans. They were a younger and very chic couple.

They were setting up for a big party in the bar as I understood they had been filmed for a t.v. show featuring NC restaurants, etc. We had to head home but we had such a great time and intend to take friends back there. My husband has eaten in restaurants all over the world and really enjoyed it. I forgot to mention that the owner's mother makes all the desserts from scratch and they were impressive.

I read Mr_Black_Stallion's review and was sorry he had that experience but we often run into restaurants that have live music telling us they stay open as long as they have some business. One time last summer in Myrtle Beach we went to a restaurant because they were having live music at 8 pm on Thursday night but so few diners they cancelled it. Alas, part of the freedom of ownership and the bottom line. Also maybe asking the owner if there was a more convenient time to discuss a performer might have worked better than during dining hours when they are busiest. Just a thought and not meant to be unwelcome.

Anyway, glad we didn't miss our wonderful experience and would highly recommend this restaurant. We plan to have lunch there next time as we took a menu with theirr hours.

• Visited May 2012