“Top Notch!!!”

Comfort Inn and Suites Statesville
Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Statesville
Reviewed 20 January 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here at Comfort Inn. I came to the area to start looking for employment and a place to live because I plan on moving to Statesville very soon. I am very picky about hotels, especially being a housekeeper myself, and I notice every little detail about the rooms. I chose this place specifically because another traveler had mentioned that they wash their blankets in between guests, which is a huge deal for me, even though I travel with my own blankets. The parking lot, outside of the building, and lobby were immaculate. When I checked in at around 6 pm, I was greeted with a very friendly front desk person and was taken care of in a very timely and efficient manner. I was given keys to my room and when I opened the door, I smiled because it was very clean, cozy, modern, and the colors were warm and inviting. Even the artwork on the walls was nice, and I meant to ask where I could actually purchase identical pictures but I forgot. The king size bed was extremely comfortable and I cannot remember the last time that I slept on pillows so fluffy. I loved the furniture, which was also very modern. I had two little ones with me and was able to place my daughter on the couch on a sleeping bag and my son on the floor on an air mattress that I had brought along. I was told about the breakfast and pool but due to time constraints, I was unable to visit them. I had an extremely restful sleep and woke up very refreshed. The morning front desk staff on all three days of my stay were very friendly and helpful. The location is perfect, as I could jump right on I-77 to Charlotte and there are numerous gas stations in the immediate area. I didn't have time to explore for shopping or anything but when I return in about three weeks, I will make sure to do so. This is my number one hotel of choice for the budget that I must maintain. I actually want to get a degree in hospitality and this Comfort Inn would be the perfect model for running a successful hotel. Definitely a top notch place to rest your head! PS Housekeeping staff, you are doing a great job! Thank you and keep it up. :-)

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn and Suites Statesville

Reviewed 30 December 2012

Our reception at the front desk was friendly and made us feel welcome after a long day on the road. There was coffee and tea and cookies to enjoy while we unpacked. Plentiful hot breakfast, with eggs, sausages, biscuits and gravy as well as waffles toast and fruit.
A clean, quiet, comfortable place to stay. Oh, btw, there's a bar in the evenings that serves drinks and bar food like wings and fries.

Room Tip: The third floor was quiet. There is an elevator.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 December 2012

The hotel is located right off I 77 north of \charlotte . The hotel was clean , rooms were large with updated furniture and staff was friendly.Plus for us was that hotel was pet friendly ..did not like that the pet friendly fee of $15 was not identified up front .

Room Tip: End rooms are pet friendly
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 December 2012

We visit our grandchildren in Statesville regularly, so finding a clean, reasonably priced room was a priority for us. I always check Trip Advisor reviews before traveling, and this time it paid off. We stayed in this hotel in October, and November, and will schedule December's visit today. The staff is friendly and accommodating, the rooms clean and beds comfy, and breakfast better than average. There is a small bar in the hotel for those desiring a nightcap (without a noisy bar atmosphere), inside corridors, elevators, inside pool. I will feel safe and comfortable staying there even when my husband is unable to go with me. At the end of an active day with preschool children we have found a peaceful retreat. We've found our "home away from home".

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NorthCarolinaDotti
Reviewed 10 December 2012

Stayed here on Saturday night on our way back to Canada. We had king size bed -room on 3rd floor- very clean - pillows where good- lots of great double parking for RV. Breakfast was ok with eggs and sausage for hubby and banana peanut butter for me.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rosadiva
Reviewed 28 November 2012

My parents stayed at this location last night when traveling from FL to WV. The property was clean and neat. Also, dog friendly. However, they were really disappointed in having to stay on the 2nd floor. My mother recently had surgery on her foot and not very mobile. My dad has a bad hip. They have a small dog. They were refused a room on the first floor because the "designated dog rooms" were on the 2nd floor. Yes, there was an elevator. Unfortunately, they were given a room at the end of the hall from the elevator. They had to walk the long hall and use the elevator every time they took their dog out.

The property may be dog friendly. It may be able to accommodate people with special physical needs. However, it does NOT have facilities for travelers with both needs.

They would have changed hotels but were so tired from traveling they stayed. They will not stay at this property in the future.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
JimMcJunkinGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Statesville, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2012

I am sorry your parents had such a dificult time at my hotel. Yes, we are pet friendly and yes, we do have rooms designated as pet rooms. The designated pet rooms are the end of the hall on both the 2nd and 3rd floors. There are exit doors at the end of each hall, affording pet owners an easy exit from the building to walk their pets; however, I can see, with your parents difficulty in getting around, where this would create a problem. Therefore, I have revised our pet policy to accomodate both pets and guests with special physical needs. This has never been a problem for us before and I appreciate you pointing out the problem that it caused.

Reviewed 20 November 2012

Just remodeled, very clean everywhere. Nice room, great bed. Excellant breakfast included. Can't beat it for the price. The motel has been totally remodeled, looks like it is brand new. Parking well lighted.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Bob G

Thank you for posting your review. I think you hit on all our good points! In addition to our very celebrated breakfast, we offer WiFi, a heated indoor pool and hot tub, a business center and a fitness center. Once again, I thank you for your review and happy traveling!