“Rude Rude Rude”

Ranked #19 of 21 Hotels in Statesville
Cullowhee, North Carolina
“Rude Rude Rude”
Reviewed 10 August 2012

For starters I got my rooms through Expedia. When I called front desk to cancel one she was extremely rude and hung up on me. They kept telling me different times the 'manager' would be working and no matter how many times I called I never got ahold of one to cancel the room. When we got there they had mixed up the beds and put us in smoking when we asked for non. The balconies were falling off and even though the sign on the pool opened at 9, they told my kids it didn't open until 11. When we confronted them they said (infront of my children) "some Fu****ers were having sex in it last night and we gotta dump some chemicals and Sh** in it now". Then when we checked out they charged us $20 more on each room and did not abide by Expedia's price. Also their breakfast was cereal and coffee.

Room Tip: If you don't want to fall and die, then stay on the bottom floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Layla B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Please DO NOT stay here!! The health department should have been called in long ago. A huge soaked dog urine puddle at the foot of the first bed, 2 dry-rotted mattresses, one hand towel, gray that I used to clean up dog urine, no other towels, terrible stench, like I said, a nightmare.

This place needs closed down yesterday!!! I do not understand the reviews here that state this place is okay; ya'll must be dreamin or came out of a worse place which I cannot fathom....This place is not fit for human life...

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Jane D

Travellers are raving about these Statesville hotels

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 14 July 2012

Do not go here. We stayed for a night, and when we got there there was hair in the shower, a TURD in the toilet, stains everywhere, ripped bedding & curtains, a layer of dust on everything, and not even a chair. Roof was in bad condition, along with the rest of the room. Wifi didn't work at first and had to get the management to fix it. Breakfast was simply powdered, cheap donuts and one variety of cereal. Pool was OK but was kind of dirty. I didn't expect a lot for this price, but a clean toilet and not dust on everything would be nice.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 June 2012

Like others, I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. The room was large, quiet and very clean and had free wifi. It was a bit run down but totally within acceptable levels. The manager, Mr. Shah, was quite helpful. If you are looking for an inexpensive hotel in Statesville, stay here.

Room Tip: Stay in the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank NY10040
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 11 October 2011

I was very surprised at how quiet it was at this motel. It is on one of the busiest roads in Statesville. I was toward the back of the property which probably helped. And with a price of less than 40 dollars a night, it was a good deal. The bed and pillows were not very firm and the room could use some updating. It did have a mini-fridge and microwave.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank cashley10
Reviewed 12 September 2011

For the price, its ok. You cant find a hotel for $41 a night and expect luxury. It does its job by giving you a good clean room to stay in.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank hollarjb
Roanoke, va
Reviewed 23 August 2011

I wasn't expecting much. I took my chances because I had gone to a concert in Charlotte and didn't want to be coming out of Charlotte on Monday morning battling traffic.
This is a clean, quiet motel and they allowed my shepherd chow mix.
The rooms are small, but there is TV, a nice sized pool (didn't have a chance to use it unfortunately). The staff was very friendly and I felt safe staying there alone.
For $36 I was expecting to see roaches on leashes, but I was pleasantly surprised.
Clean, basic accomadations.