“Disgusting!!!!”

Ranked #20 of 21 Hotels in Statesville
usa
“Disgusting!!!!”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We checked into our room at 12:25 am we pulled the sheets down and found a garter belt along with a lot of HAIR in the bed I went down to the front desk and told him which we were then moved to another room and fell promptly asleep. We were awaken at 1:30 am to the front desk calling to find out exactly where the garter was...SERIOUSLY!!!! Was it that important ??? We got up in the morning to find that the toilet had feces all over the sides of it...absolutely gross...we too were overcharged for what A CLEANING FEE??? man were we ripped off...never again!

Room Tip: read the postings on this site!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We were on our way back from Florida to Ohio and decided to stop for the night. I booked this place on expedia before seeing it. Big mistake! Owner did not speak English well at all and was not friendly. I booked for an online price and he ended up charging me more. There were no vending machines. They kept pop in a cooler with no ice and wanted $1 for a can of soda. This place is a joke! Yes it was cheap but it was the worst place I have ever stayed at, and it really wasn't so cheap after he charged the extra $20! The beds were not comfortable, they were more like hospital beds rather than hotel beds. No breakfast was served although it said free breakfast and no takeout, must eat in lobby, which was nonexistent. To checkout there was a plastic cup on the counter that said place room cards here. Really?! My advice is do NOT stay here! Learn from my mistake! Pay more for another place, there were many other ones around the area. If I wouldn't have prepaid for this one thru expedia I would have never stayed here!!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Trisha F
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

The room we had was clean but everything felt a little creepy to me. When we checked out the guy was at the front desk was in a undershirt and a pair of of shorts like you sleep in. I don't know I just felt uncomfortable there.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
boca raton
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I was traveling with a pet and it can often be hard to find hotels willing to accept pets, the hotel behind this one did take them but with an almost $80 fee just for the pet not including the room. I would call this a motel, basics, very dated regarding the decor, not in a bad area so to speak. The lobby did have the protective glass which was no big deal, the continental breakfast was a joke. This motel is not trucker friendly given the fact that I checked in around 2a and was told I have to be out by 11a or I would be charged another nights stay even though there were plenty of open rooms. The room itself did seem a little musty like old cigarette smoke. Would only stay here when half dead asleep driving on the highway and have a pet with you and other hotels/motels etc are occupied.

Room Tip: Use the other options in town.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 13 April 2014

OK. First of all we walked in and the clerk came out with no shirt on and it scared my children. although we didnt make it in the room from reading the other reviews they arent that great. VERY RUDE. .

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Ryan S
Morgantown, West Virginia
Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

Never have I seen such a crazy place. Bullet proof glass check in should have tipped me off. Lost our reservation ( thank god it was through Travelocity ) and they had to call and fax a confirmation because no computer system. The rooms were smelly, and the pillows flat. We should have slept in car. Do not stay here !!

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Cathleenwv
Abvistatesville, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Dear Cathleenwv,

On behalf of the staff and management, I would like to personally apologize for the issues you encountered during your visit. For the safety of our staff, we do close the lobby at night. This is standard for many hotel chains. It is our goal to provide excellent service for each and every one of our guests. Unfortunately, we could not meet your expectations. We also do have a computer system. I am sorry for the incident and hope that you choose Americas Best Value Inn in the future.

Regards,
Arvind-GM
Americas Best Value Inn-Statesville, NC
Vero Beach
Reviewed 12 March 2013

The room was clean and the bed comfortable. The price was good and the owners polite. Our biggest dissapointment was the lack of maid service and the breakfast. We had to take the dirty towels to the office to exchange them for clean ones each day. The continental breakfast consisted of cold cereal, coffee and juice.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear 127traveler127,

Thank you for sharing an honest review with us. I am glad that you enjoyed our clean and comfortable rooms. It is standard practice in the hotel industry that in order to provide our guests with clean towels, we must exchange your old towels. If you would like, arrangements can be made during normal housekeeping hours to pick them up. I am sorry for the inconvenience. We hope that you stay with us again in the future.

Regards,