“Nice place with friendly sevice”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Statesville
Harrisburg, PA
“Nice place with friendly sevice”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed just one night at the Sleep Inn. The desk clerk was very nice and very accommodating. The hotel is perfect for a place to stay right off of Rt. 77. They even have a heated swimming pool - which we were able to enjoy after a long day of driving. The rooms were large and had a fridge, which was great, the bed was comfy. Breakfast was fine for something quick before heading back out on the road.

Room Tip: The 4th floor has the washer and dryer - so if you sleep late - ask for a room on another floor.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JLS1024

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Erie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Check in was smooth. Room was clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly. Breakfast was better than a lot of places that I have stayed at. The only real complaint is the driveway entrance. The angle caused my car to bottom out. I have stayed at other hotels in the Statesville area and this is the best one yet. I would stay here again next time I am in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Zanesville,OH
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We often stay in the area just north of Charlotte NC when we are traveling south from Ohio. The hotels on I40 seem a bit nicer than those on I77,so we took the one exit "detour" to the Sleep Inn. It is very comfortable and clean. It is not the most elaborate or fancy property, but overall it was better than expected. The breakfast was typical but good. The only problem we had on our stay was some noisy pre-teens who were with some group. I would stay here again if in the Statesville area.

Room Tip: We had a handicap access room and it seemed roomier.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Let me start off by saying I do not go out of my way to post bad reviews. I try to post lots of very nice reviews because I believe great service deserves great feedback and if I have a bad time somewhere I chalk it up to someone having a rough day and leave it at that. This however is a warning to travelers. I would never ever stay at this hotel again. To start with the rooms are tiny and packed to the brim with furniture. So much so there is nowhere to put the pack and play style crib they provide. We squeezed it between the two double beds and there was nowhere to walk. The room smelled of smoke even though it was non smoking. The crib ABSOLUTELY REAKED of smoke. The tv could not be watched because every channel had a black box in the middle. When we reported the tv problem they told us it was our fault and we must have hit a button. They couldn't tell us which button or fix it. There was hair in the bathtub and an unknown brown substance too. The office chair had something that looked like liquid chocolate on it and I'm hoping that's really what it was. On top of all of this there was a big wad of what looked to be cut hair on the bed, as if someone had emptied a hair trimmer on the bed or cut hair there. When we reported the issues they told us we could not be satisfied and called the police to escort us off the property. The officer came and was 100% on our side. He said there had been problems at this hotel before. He gave us advice
on where to stay. It was 2 am and we had a toddler with us. This should tell you what kind of manager this was. My husband never yelled or did anything to provoke them. Just reported problems. When we arrived at the Holiday Inn express a block over our card was denied and we discovered they had drained $391 by repeatedly charging our card. We know this was not on accident as we had been out to eat and the first charge was before the restaurant and the next charges were after the restaurant. To further prove that they maliciously charged the card when we called the bank they told us the card was charged until it was denied and the charges started at 1:46 am.
This is a terrible business and horrible customer service! Sleep Inn has forever lost our business even though we have been choice rewards members for years.

• Stayed April 2014
8 Thank Mandapete

Travellers are raving about these Statesville hotels

Mentor, Ohio
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Stayed one night on our way back to Ohio from Florida. Nothing fancy, but a good place to stay for one or two nights. The room was very clean and a "very good value" for the price. Staff were very accommodating and friendly. The continental breakfast had a variety of options for folks who want a quick morning meal before hitting the road. Minor issue is the long driveway which is kind of hidden and off a busy road. I recommend this hotel for anyone who is looking for clean room at a reasonable price.

Room Tip: Call ahead to reserve a room because they appear to be a popular place to stay for folks traveling o...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Owen Sound, Canada
Reviewed 16 April 2014

After travelling nine hours we arrived at the Sleep Inn ready for a restful evening. We found the staff friendly and helpful and the room clean and quiet. The bed was comfortable and the breakfast in the morning was adequate for our needs. We have stayed at several Sleep Inns and very much appreciate the walk-in showers as opposed to the bathtub type. For this reason when we travel in the future we will first look for a Sleep Inn.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
WHITE PLAINS
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Stayed at this hotel for almost a week. I agree with others that it's a little difficult to turn in from the left side of the road, or to make a left out of the driveway, but not impossible. Ask for a room that's not close to the street, there is lots of traffic. The room was clean and comfortable, as was the bed. Cindy at the front desk is a doll, very agreeable and helpful with anything you ask of her. The housekeeping staff are okay. I didn't find the breakfast room too crowded any morning I went, but you better get there before 9 a.m. because boy, the breakfast employee is right there at 8:58 or right at 9 a.m. to take the food away, it doesn't matter if there are several people still sitting there eating. We choose this place because it had a pool and we got a great rate by joining the Choice Hotel Club, which the Sleep Inn is a member of. We were so busy visiting family though, that we never even looked at the pool. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the street.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple