“Great food and affordable”
Review of Gravy

Gravy
Ranked #1 of 17 Restaurants in Sunset Beach
Cuisines: American
Description: Phone - 910-579-4733
Description: Phone - 910-579-4733
Sugar Grove, Ohio
“Great food and affordable”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We loved the shrimp, fish sandwiches, meat loaf, sweet tea, etc. The mashed potatoes were a disappointment but we were pleased with the seafood, the large portions and the prices!

1 Thank hideawayhoney

Pawleys Island, South Carolina
“Wanted to love it!”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Just got a meatloaf carryout dinner. Just not what I'm use to I guess. Seemed kind of mushy & INSTANT mashed potatoes…I would pay more for real ones. I must say they had the best iced tea though. The service I would also say was awesome! I'll give it another try eventually because I could walk there...

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank lhiller
Sunset Beach, North Carolina
“A MUST GO TO RESTAURANT!!”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

If you are in this area-you must go there for a meal. They are open for lunch and dinner(closes at 8:p.m). The restaurant is owned /operated by a brother and sister(Steve and Stephanie). It is a local landmark in this area. Everything is good-all the time.Don't miss it!!!

1 Thank MrSunset181
Marion, North Carolina
“Awesome place”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

The food and service are both excellent. The seafood is the best around. I would recommend this place to anyone, it is wonderful. Love this place!!!!!

1 Thank Niners42
Wilmington, NC
“it's not all seafood!”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Calabash is famed, and rightly so, for delicious and lightly fried seafood. But it's not all seafood.

On a visit with vacationing family, our hosts bypassed the waterfront seafood restaurants, and took us to instead to this small but busy place in between Calabash and Sunset Beach. At 1:00 pm the parking lot was nearly full, and we discovered that they were (mostly) the cars of locals. I was somewhat relieved when they immediately seated the teenagers and the adults in adjoining tables; we had different agendas! It's bright and clean, and the service was friendly and fast.

Gravy styles itself as a "Southern Eatery", and the menu demonstrated that. Ann had fried chicken over white rice with chicken gravy, while I enjoyed fried scallops (the Calabash touch, I suppose), and we ordered both of the entrees came with turnip greens and hush puppies. It was all prepared to perfection, and if I were going to quibble I'd have to add that the portions were more than I could handle. Some problem.

Gravy has the traditional daily specials (meatloaf, chicken fried steaks, turkey and dressing, etc.), a vegetable menu of about 30 items, a varied salad menu, and a desert list for those whose appetite hasn't been sated. And a bill that was covered by 20 bucks. What's not to like about all that.