Open today: 07:00 - 18:00
Review Highlights
Greens coming back, but not there yet!

This is a fun layout—nice combination of holes. The course lost its greens after a terrible winter... read more

Reviewed 29 July 2018
161DavidM161
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
via mobile
Nice Course But,

Reviewed 2 May 2018
Ernie S
Lebanon, Pennsylvania

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 May 2018

Facility and staff were top notch and we were warned beforehand that the greens were not up to par... They were AWFUL...'Winter Kill' they called it...We would definitely play here again with the hope that the greens recovered...We did enjoy ourselves despite the putting...The sign on the first tee about alligators is TRUE...We encountered several.

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed 27 October 2017

I played this course recently with a group of members from a local North Myrtle Beach club. The condition of the practice range is an embarrassment and the range ball are so dead they hardly fly. Tee boxes are poor and fairways need serious attention. Greens are uneven with multiple kinds of grasses growing in them. And lastly, the cart paths are a serious hazard and in need of complete renovation. This course has not kept up a reasonable level of course maintenance and at best should only be considered if no other choices are available. The pricing structure does not warrant anyone considering this course. There simply is no excuse for playing this course until the place is closed for full renovation.

Date of experience: October 2017
2  Thank 721jim
Bill L, Manager at Panther's Run Golf Links, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit and we sincerely apologize for your unsatisfactory experience. We also want to let you know we have taken measures to address many of the issues you mention. Our cart paths are undergoing an extensive renovation on Panther's Run and Lion's Paw and we have also taken measures to improve any weak areas throughout the courses. We hope you will return soon and see the ongoing improvements for yourself.

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

Reserved a tee time for me and my brother-in-law. We needed to rent clubs so I inquired about needing to rent them when I made the reservation the day before. They had two options, a newer set for $40/player, and older sets for $27/player. I specified that I would take two older sets, RH Mens. Our tee time was 8:20 am. Upon checking in the next morning, was told that they did not have any $27 sets available because they had already rented out their only set! Why was I not told that on the phone when I made the reservation that they only had one $27 set! Therefore, we were forced to rent the $40 sets. As well, the guy at the pro shop was extremely rude during this whole process. Plus, the $40 "good" sets where crap Callaway Strata sets. Regarding the course, the tee box and fairways were in bad shape, weeds and hard dirt. The greens were in ok shape, and the layout was fair. I will not be playing this course again, don't waste your time and money.

Date of experience: August 2017
2  Thank dmalobicky
Bill L, General Manager at Panther's Run Golf Links, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

We would like to thank you for taking the opportunity to make us aware of your unsatisfactory experience at Panther's Run. It is only through such constructive feedback that we can address issues as they arise, as we strive to continue to improve our operation. We also thank you for choosing to play one of The Big Cats courses recently. Regarding your comment about course conditions, the summer months are "off season" for golf courses in our region (Spring and fall are peak times) for several reasons. Paramount are weather conditions, namely the often extreme heat and lack of rain we can experience in summer months. Such conditions are not at all conducive to keeping golf course conditions at their very best. In fact, we are currently faced with a drastic shortage of water, which makes it extremely difficult to maintain desired irrigation practices. Therefore, we have to ration our water, with greens being at the top of the priority list. Because of this, fairway and tee box conditions can sometimes be less than we desire in such extreme circumstances. This is the main reason our rates are up to 70% lower in the summer than in peak seasons. Even so, I want to sincerely apologize that your group experienced these less than ideal course conditions during your recent visit.
With that being said, I also want to apologize for the confusion regarding rental club options. We have a limited number of sets available to rent each day and do not, by practice, reserve specific sets prior to check-in. They are basically available on a first come first served basis. As is the nature of our business, in the summer months, with unsecured tee times, we often have several no-shows on any given day and cannot therefore hold particular rental sets in anticipation of them being used by a certain group. This practice is just not feasible for our operation. It is our policy to tell golfers who inquire about rental clubs that we have a limited number of sets available and that they range in price from $27-$40, based on availability. It seems this message was not effectively conveyed to you during your reservation call, and for that I also apologize.
Our staff have certain policies and job parameters they must work within, but this should be accomplished in a positive and helpful manner and we certainly never want to be rude or disrespectful to any of our valued guests.
Again, I apologize that we did not meet your expectations on your recent visit and I would like to ask that you to contact me personally to discuss this situation further, to see if we can reach a satisfactory resolution. Please email me at your convenience at blong@oceanridge.com.

Bill Long

Reviewed 13 May 2017

Played Panthers Run yesterday. The course layout is good with some great, challenging holes but, right now, it is in very poor condition. Lots of weeds on the fairways and fringes. I was less than 2 yards off the 18th green in the fringe and my ball was between two large clumps of grass which meant I was unable to putt. This is not my Idea of "good condition". Same thing in the short rough. Putting greens are also in poor condition. Many holes in cart paths. This is a course that needs some work done and significant investment to bring it back to its full potential. Staff were friendly and generally welcoming.

Date of experience: May 2017
1  Thank Liz J
Bill L, Manager at Panther's Run Golf Links, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2017

Thank you for your recent visit to Panther's Run. We certainly apologize for your unsatisfactory experience. It is indeed a beautiful layout, and, as one of the most popular courses in our area, it has undergone a tremendous amount of play and traffic through the years. It is time for some improvements and are in the process of addressing many of the issues you mentioned. We are aggressively treating the invading weeds and we are planning to undertake extensive cart path renovations as well. We hope you will check back with us in the future and you should be able to play a refreshed version of this course very soon.

Reviewed 10 May 2017

I read a lot of reviews about this. Terms like "rude staff" and "terrible conditions" were written. Totally false. The staff was great. I was looking for someone to be rude. It never happened. Everyone was polite, friendly and made us feel welcomed. My group had a great time. I would recommend.

Date of experience: May 2017
Bill L, Manager at Panther's Run Golf Links, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2017

Thank you very much, Gregory! Most people don't take the time to post reviews of their positive experiences, so we appreciate it very much! We look forward to seeing you again!