“A Diamond in the Rough”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Mama's at the Bridge Grill
Cuisines: American
Description: Owned by Karim Mawji. Also owns Mama Bravas in Shallotte, NC. Has award winning (really!) rib and chicken sauce. Just took over The Bridge - in May, 2012.
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Got lost between Sunset Beach and Calabash, NC. Dying for a place to sit down and have a light dinner. The place looked a bit sketchy on the outside, and the beer neon signs gleamed thru the front windows...not some place I wanted to take my two boys. BUT WAS I WRONG!!!
Even though it was wall to wall sports-TV'd, it had a homey atmosphere.
The menued food had a good selection. And the food was quite good. And the service was even better. We could have gotten to Calabash and waited 45-90 minutes for a table, and then gotten half-hearted service...but we found this jewel in the rough. Our wait time was zip, and the food arrived hot and in a timely manner.
Towards the end of our meal, the chef (owner) came by our table---just to make sure we were okey-dokey.
Would we stop by again? You bet...even if it meant going out of our way.

1  Thank kindness5

Reviewed 18 July 2013

We ate at Mama's on July 12th. It was the middle of the afternoon. They only had one waitress working and the service was a little slow. This was no fault of hers, but of management. After ordering & waiting for awhile, she brought out our food. We did not get our wings that we ordered. However after informing the waitress, she offered to bring them to us at half price. We should have had slaw with our meals, but after asking, we we told they were out . No consideration was given to us for the lack of not including the entire menu item for the price. The food that we received was very good (the food that we did receive). The sauce on the wings was unique and very good. I would probably try this again if in the area.

1  Thank dkhcpa
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Warm beer, expensive, poor quality food. A family of four should not pay $80 for cheeseburgers and fries - especially mediocre burgers and fries. The place was hot too!

1  Thank ProfExit1
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Stopped here for lunch while my family was on the beach. It was very hot in the restaurant and it took forever to be waited on even though there was hardly anyone there. I ordered the shrimp po-boy and it was just OK. It came with potato chips and they tasted like a plain no-name brand with mostly chips of whole chips. I was never offered a refill on my soft drink and it took forever to get the check. Luckily I had a good book to read.

1  Thank grave_seeker
Reviewed 20 June 2013 via mobile

Awesome wings but everything else was bad. The wings are sweet and spicy and were really about as good as I have ever had! The burgers were small over cooked and the bread was so dry and stale it was in edible. The fries were burnt. Friend got pulled pork which was dry and same stale bread. Definitely will get wings to go but can't recommend anything else.