“Nice place, good food and service.”
Review of Fibber McGees

Fibber McGees
Ranked #3 of 18 Restaurants in Sunset Beach
Price range: US$8 - US$19
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Casual Upscale Dining
Kershaw, South Carolina
“Nice place, good food and service.”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Gluten free beer, and gluten free menu items. They even have gluten free hamburger buns! Fresh catch on the menu was delicious. We had lunch and dinner here as well.

Visited June 2014

Monroe, NY
“Twice in 24hours”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Found this restaurant by accident back in May when my husband and I pulled off the road because of a downpour. Just down for a long weekend and decided to actually go and try out the food. Sure glad we did! The food was fresh and delicious! I had the Mahi, tender & flavorful and my husband had the pan seared scallops! The meal was wonderful, more than we expected from a local pub. Would HIGHLY recommend, so much so that we went back the next night to have a 'lite' fare dinner. I had fish tacos and my husband had a rubeun in sandwich. Not disappointed at all, once again!

• Visited June 2014
Winston Salem, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food, Reasonably priced”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We have had great meals each evening since arriving at OIB last week.. However, Fibber McGees has become our favorite. We had dinner twice since our arrival 5 days ago at OIB. My husband ordered the Bistro Steak and said it was absolutely the best steak he had ever tasted. Perfectly seasoned, juicy, and tender. The crab soup was also outstanding. I ordered an appetizer of pan seared scallops and the seafood salad as my main course. The scallops were light, perfectly seared and seasoned, and very flavorful. The seafood salad was awesome! The salad had minimal mayo, very flavorful and uniquely seasoned. It was the best seafood salad I have ever had! I intend to attempt to duplicate the flavors after I return home.
We will definitely make this one of our favorites to dine while in the area!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank ddoub
St. Louis, Missouri
“The best scallops ever”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

By far, Fibber McGees has the best scallops ever!!! So savory. Loved the outdoor seating, dog-friendly patio, and great food portions.

One of our favorite stops while on vacation.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank midwestscubagal
Asheville, North Carolina
“Fibbing McManager”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I came in with several friends and were greeted by several young ladies. They were very gracious and helpful with specials and they sat us outside. We were joklng around with the server, Cathy, and told her we would like to see if the manager looked like the picture of "Fibber McGee" on the front of the menu, She pointed out the manager, which was sitting several tables away having a drink with some friends. We laughed and told her there was no need to bother him, we were just kidding around. About an hour later I went inside to use the bathroom and took a look around the inside. Having been to Ireland, I saw several pictures that intrigued me. On my way back to my table I walked by the manager's table, I complimented him on his restaurant and inquired about several pictures in the bar. He laughed out loud and said "How the hell would I know, I'm Jewish!" The whole table laughed at me, one of them spitting there beer out he was so taken by the joke.
I figured they had imbibed the last several hours and were in no shape to face customers, I went back to my table told them the joke... just in case there was something funny that I had missed. We decided it was time to go since it was no laughing matter. The funny thing is that we won't be back.
Once again I would like to thank Cathy for her great service!

• Visited June 2014