“Dinner was awesome! ”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Casual Upscale Dining
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Dinner at Fibbers Mcgees tonight was awesome. The service was great. The staff is great. I met the owner as I always do when I eat there. Their fresh Mahi was to die for tonight. I was shocked to read a negative review from two days ago. My recommendation is if you don't like the place because the food was bad, you should say so. That was clearly not the case in your review. The fact that you give your own personal opinion about the placement of seats is irrelevant. And the fact that you imply that a public official was paid off to accommodate seating is a disgrace. If you knew Sunset Beach, you would've never made such a comment. To anyone who reads the negative post from North Virginia, I recommend strongly that you ignore it. I also strongly recommend you go and have a great dinner at Fibbers Mcgees because it is an awesome restaurant in Sunset Beach. I have eaten here with my wife at least 100 times.

2  Thank jlrnlal

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Wonderful find on vacation with excellent outdoor seating! The food and drinks were great with a variety of sandwiches and wraps to choose from.

1  Thank Susan E
Reviewed 29 July 2014

[Wait for it....]
OK, it might have passed right by me had I not read it in one of the earlier reviews .... but they actually refused to seat my party of two at two open tables because we weren't a party of four. And they said that to us!

That's within 30 seconds of entering the restaurant. So, we waited about fifteen minutes for a small two seat table to come available before they'd seat us.

I had the Fish & Chips which was well cooked and nicely breaded but something didn't taste quite right with the fish. I asked if it was locally caught only to learn it's source was the food service company. Fries and coleslaw were fine.

My wife had the baked brie appetizer as her dinner and it was quite tasty as it had been her first visit one week ago.

[So here's the weird part,,,,,]

Because the seating area inside the bar is so small, they've actually crammed two tables (2 & 4 seater) into the bathroom hallway. One the chairs of the four seat table is within three feet of the Women's toilet door. These are single seater bathrooms, so guests queue up standing over that poor table when waiting to go potty. The wafting aromas left over from some of the bathroom guests are a free addition to the ambiance of that lucky table.

Honest to God, I'd love to know who's getting paid off in the Brunswick County, NC Health Dept to allow table siting.

1  Thank NorthernVAJim
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Passed by on our way to Sunset Beach and saw the outside tables and thought we would give it a try. They had several fans on to keep the air cool while we ate which made it very enjoyable on a summer night. The staff was very accommodating seating our large party outside. Everyone in our group thought the food was delicious. We enjoyed the scallop dinner special, the crab-cakes and burgers. Music playing in the background just added to the great experience.

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Couldn't be happier with our experience here! Such a hidden gem in Sunset Beach! My wife and I came down for a long weekend and started off vacation with dinner here. Our waitress, Jennifer, was incredibly welcoming and kind. There was live music and the food was top notch. Will definitely make this a vacation staple here in Sunset Beach!

1  Thank chaney_cl