“Great Kayak Fishing Experience”

Summertide Adventure Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Serving all of Brunswick Co. Out of OIB with Sunset Beach, North Carolina Kayak Tours, kayak rentals, kayak fishing. Charter fishing trips and Sunset Cruises. Retail kayaks and accessories.
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I had the opportunity to take a guided trip with Stewart on 8/20/2014. As an avid kayak fisherman myself, I had high expectations for a good trip and was certainly not disappointed. The gear, bait, and tackle (Penn rods and reels) were all of high quality and the Native Slayer kayak is a fishing specific design perfect for the areas we fished. More importantly, Stewart was an excellent guide. Not only does he obviously know the waters, species, and techniques, his easy going personality made for good conversation and an enjoyable trip regardless of the fishing results.

As for the catching, I was able to catch my first ever red drum (not a species we have in any numbers in NJ) as well as some flounder and croaker. As we rounded a corner in one of the creeks, Stewart pointed out some feeding reds and I was able to cast to a tailing fish and hook up. The fight in the narrow, shallow creek was awesome and unlike anything I had experienced before. I hope to be able to come back and fish again with Stewart in the future. Highly recommended!

1  Thank Phil O
in 7 reviews
"hour tour"
"took pictures"
in 3 reviews
"highly recommend this trip"
"ocean isle"
in 6 reviews
"blue crab"
in 2 reviews
"natural beauty of the area"
"flora and fauna"

Reviewed 10 August 2014

As a happy accident, my husband and I happened upon Summertide Tours after unsuccessfully trying to schedule a kayaking tour with other local companies. After calling Rip, (who called us back that same night at 9!), and looking up other local reviews of their tours, we were booked for the Bird Island tour the next morning. Cari and Greg lead the tour, and both were patient, knowledgeable about the area, completely relaxed and hilarious to hang out with. It was my first kayaking experience, as well as others within the 15+ group, and Cari and Greg had us paddling like pros within the first 10 minutes. We had plenty of downtime, explored 2 islands, and had lunch on the beach. I've already booked a trip next year to Sunset Beach and am planning to take more tours with Summertide!

2  Thank Sara S
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We had a wonderful Bird Island Tour with Cari and Greg. Our experience was awesome from the minute I called to book the tour. We had no problem rescheduling because of bad weather on our original date. Kayaks are well cared for and so easy to paddle. Cari and Greg were so nice and helpful. It was easily the best part of our vacation!

2  Thank Gail G
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Took the Bird Island trip with 8 from our family, ranging from age 6 to 74. We had a total of 3 kids ages 6,7 and 10, each paired with an adult. Cari and Greg made sure we all had a great time. Safe, too. Cari did a wonderful job leading us through easier paths, coaching us if there were any spots with a bit more current. Great alternative outdoor activity.

2  Thank Megumi2013