“Picture Perfect”
Review of Belle of Topsail

Belle of Topsail
Reviewed 18 August 2014

My wife and I got married on Belle August 10, 2014. Captain Dave, Co-Captain Matt and Admiral Sharon treated us like Kings and Queens, as well as our family and friends. The ceremony was beautiful, the food was excellent and the fun we had was just amazing. Our special day was better then we ever expected. We can't thank the crew of the Belle enough for our wonderful day they treated us too. I can honestly say, we will cherish our outting aboard the Belle of Topsail for the rest of our lives. Words just can't say enough about how we feel about our experience we had on the Belle of Topsail. Thank you Captain Dave, Matt, and Sharon from the bottom of our heart's. Tammy and John

1  Thank John S

Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

We have traveled to topsail island for years this being our first to try the belle topsail. We did a dinner pirate cruise which was awesome. My son is only 6 and at first he was scared. The cast then noticed this and had him be a part of the skit. He loved it! We also went on a dolphin cruise which was amazing to see how close we could get to the dolphins in the intercostal. We def loved this and will be back in the years come!!!

4  Thank Cierra M
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We went on the "dinner" Cruise, which I was hoping would be more of a "romantic dinner cruise" Wrong..!

First: The food was more like appetizers from the frozen food section of Food Lion, not great food (and I'm not usually very picky). I would have preferred eating somewhere else prior to the cruise.

Second: The Pirate show was more for the kids..so it was boring and took away from the "better sites", so really a waste of money for us. If you have kids going, then they would probably like the show, but, I'm sure that adds to the cost of the entire package..I'd prefer saving the money or got free drinks instead.

Third: I would have preferred an Adult Only cruise, NO kids, which were driving us crazy, because they were constantly going from the front to the back and every time they came through we had to move to allow them to pass by because the aisles were too narrow. Seriously at times there was 5 kids going past us 10 times in 5 mins. So I'd have my camera up to take a pic and I'd have to move for a kid. It was annoying. So it was hard to see any scenery because of the interrupting kids..OMG

So Here's a suggestion: an Adults ONLY cruise, NO Pirate show, NO kids, NO so called "dinner", charge like $35.00 each which would include; snacks, pretzels (the best food on the cruise was the stuffed pretzels), nuts, chips, veggie tray and include 4 drinks max per adult. (beer, wine, soda etc) Play music and cruise the Intercostal and relax. If the cruise was more like that, I'd give the cruise more of a 4.5 star rating. Also the seating was very limited! The owners were very nice. But, other than that, I wouldn't go again or take any of my family on the cruise, sorry, I wanted to like it more.

5  Thank DJ12379
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We have been on three cruises on the Belle of Topsail in July alone. Two pirate cruises and the captains dinner cruise. Our adult guests and our grandchildren had a blast. I consider it a great deal, good food, entertainment, and a very gracious crew add up to a fun time. Over the years I have done over 20 and look forward to many more.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

A total let down. Complete garage. The billboard signs coming into topsail, the website, and brochures all are completely miss leading. Makes it out to be some fabulous "cruise" "show" with a "buffet style dinner". It's a slightly over sized pontoon boat that claims to seat 49. Not enough seats. They had wooden stools to make up. The buffet consisted of food loin tacos in which the captains wife prepared in there living quarters which was another boat docked right beside the Belle. Not family friend. Captain throw out cuss words and drunken jokes the whole evening. By far the most deceiving advertised event on the island that our family was made aware of. Before you decide to sink $30-$40 a head, I would consider a dinner and a movie instead. We had a family of 5 which was $200 down the drain for greasy tacos and a crappy "Disney" show.

5  Thank cbsetser