“Cutest inn on the island”
Review of Tiffany's Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Surf City
Tiffany's Motel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Surf City
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

My family & I stayed at tiffanys last weekend & I'm so pleased to say that I have no complaints. The location is sublime, the rooms were adorable - we got a jr. Suite. The kitchenette saved us money from having to go out for every meal & the location saved us time, as we were in waking distance from the ocean. Our room was very clean & the whole staff was extremely friendly. The girls in the office were very helpful & sweet. We cannot wait to take a quick trip back to topsail before school starts! We won't stay anywhere but tiffanys :)

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank mrs_carpenter

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We booked this motel for 3 nights knowing we would not spend much time in the room, since we planned to spend most of our time with family renting an oceanfront house nearby. Good thing! Let me be clear and state up front that I certainly understand you get what you pay for, and this was a very inexpensive room for a beach area, so I was not expecting granite counters, a flat screen or other things one finds in a modern resort, nor did I find them. However, there is no excuse for not being clean and comfortable. Upon arrival, I went to the restroom and found numerous long black hairs on the floor, several hairs in the tub and a towel from a prior guest hung on the back of the door! Clearly, the bathroom was not cleaned from the prior guest. As disgusted as I was, I did not touch them, and the floor hairs and towel on the back of the door remained there for 2 days! The cleaning staff did appear to be a bit "distracted," as one evening we returned to our room to find that one bed had been left unmade!

In addition, the mattresses on the beds in the room (2 queen beds) not only were uncomfortable, the bed my sons slept in creaked loudly with every movement, and the paper thin fitted sheet would not stay put. Between all of that and the wall AC unit that ran constantly, I hardly slept.

Another note about the wall AC unit (which was the kind you find in a window of a home, not a commercial unit.) Instead of being placed logically on the wall where the beds were located, it was placed on the wall above the bathroom sink, so it not only was ineffective in cooling the room, but it blew one's hair all over when trying to use the sink to get ready. Therefore, it had to be turned off while our family used the sink, which left the room without a cooling source for that time.

Also, although I did not expect to have an ocean view, I was looking forward to the "sound view," as described, off the balcony. The "balcony" was a deck adjacent to guests on either side with no privacy, and it was so rickety I was afraid to let my children on it. Again, we did not plan to spend much time at the room, so that was not a big loss, but had that been our quarters for our family's entire vacation, I would have been so disappointed.

As non-smokers, another problem we encountered was navigating the thick smoke from other guests smoking right outside the rooms, especially in the evenings. On the other hand, smokers likely would love this, as it is obviously convenient and encouraged by management, given the sand buckets for cigarette butts placed outside each and every room.

We did appreciate having the kitchenette. It was nice having a mini fridge for sodas and a microwave for popcorn in the evenings.

I also will note that we were in the building across the street from the ocean, and there was another building oceanfront where the office was located that seemed newer, so perhaps it was dramatically different, though unclean is unclean, regardless of the property's age. With a little care and attention, this could be a really charming seaside motel instead of a dive. I understand there are not many non-residence options in the area, so perhaps they do not have to take any care with their property in order to fill the rooms. However, we would not return, nor would we recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank lvethebluewaters
TiffanysOwner, General Manager at Tiffany's Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

I am so sorry for the problems you encountered. We strive to make sure we provide a clean, family friendly atmosphere at Tiffany's. Did you notify the office of the problem with your bathroom or the unmade bed? Any problems are usually addressed in a timely manner. Unfortunately, we can't change the design of the building which places the covered balconies on the front of the building and the AC units on the back of the building in the sink area. I will also have our maintenance man look at all of the decks on the back of the building to check for stability - however, they should be structurally sound as they are only about 7 years old. Feel free to email me directly at tiffanysmotel@nc.rr.com to discuss your problems. Again, I apologize for your less than satisfactory stay.

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Lots of pros: This has a great location, walking distance to the beach access. The overlook is beautiful and the laundry room is a nice addition. The room has a mini fridge and kitchenette which is also nice. There are plenty of places to sit outside of the rooms which was nice. There is a nice little deck outside of the room to put wet towels/clothes.
Cons: The beds were uncomfortable and they only provide three towels which wasn't enough for my family of four. Plenty of towels were needed after visiting and revisiting the ocean each day.

4  Thank Stacey N
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Found this place online and booked online. Place has a newer side and older side. We stayed in the older side, all rooms were booked. They offer a pool, lots of setting area, kitchenettes, laundry mat, and are very close to ocean. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The old side we stayed in was showing some age, rooms feels very sticky even with the air conditioning. We stayed in a junior suite, so my kids slept on a queen pull out couch they thought it was very uncomfortable. We didn't have any problems with noise. If you are looking for a day to day rental without having to commit to a whole week this place will do.

1  Thank Wayne1833
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Short walk to the beach. Two pools, outdoor showers (hot water by rear pool), friendly service, kitchenette was very convenient! Price is great for this type of room! Only problem was out of 2 rooms, 1 was short a couple of chairs and dishes, coffee pot was smaller in one room than the other. TVs were much different in size. Bring a broom because of the sand on the tile floor. Other than these minor issues, I loved staying here. We will come back again (with a few more dishes and a broom) :-)

1  Thank Johnsonbryan
TiffanysOwner, Owner at Tiffany's Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

So happy you enjoyed your stay! We try very hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and have a great stay with us. Please come back again!

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a weekend, we have 3 kids, the people on either side of us also had several children each, we didn't hear any noise from anyone. We were in the original building not the new one. The staff recommendations for restaurants were great. HIGHLY RECOMMEND for a no fuss low key family beach weekend. We will definitely go back. Thank you! !

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Glad you enjoyed your stay. Please come back and see us again. Happy to hear the kids enjoyed themselves.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Last year in 2013 for July 4th we stayed at Tiffany's. We all had a blast and enjoyed our time. We left longing and wishing July 4th was right around the corner so we could return. This July 4th we planned to come back, knowing Arthur was coming we didn't hesitate on coming. We knew that the staff would see our stay was as comfortable and safe as we could be. So we checked in our room, watch Arthur pass us by. During this stay on a holiday and hurricane off the coast we never felt unsafe, scared or even miserable. We had just as much fun time as we did last year. We long for next years vacation. Staff is amazing. Housekeeping very kind, helpful and courteous. I plan on returning again.

Room Tip: We stay in building 2. King Suite sleeps 6 is very roomy. Beach views and sound views are just as be...