“Love this place”

Price range: US$3 - US$8
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours
Description: Hand Pattied Burgers, Subs, Pitas, Salads, BBQ and all the fixins..Full HARD DIP ICE CREAM BAR and SOFT SERVE. 50s Style Dining, 2 antique Jukeboxes, kiddie rides and walls of Nostalgia..FUN...
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Every time we travel to Topsail I am required to go to Island Delights. The ice cream is good but the part that I love are the old games and quarter machines. If you grew up in the late 70's early 80's and love those types of things this is the place to visit. There aren't many but they are fun.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

While shopping recently, we decided to grab a quick sandwich at the Island Delight. This is a unique sandwich shop and I have always found the food to be very good. However, it was very crowded this day and after the waitress took our order, we had to wait almost an hour before getting our food. How long does it take to make a hotdog. This shop needs extra help in the summer. If you want a quick lunch, plan to wait in the summer months. The food was great.

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Me and my family travel here every summer and i look forward to going to this place every time. I was recently there and it was amazing as always. The ice cream is good but the burgers and fries are to die for. In fact all of the food is good but if you want to keep it like the true 50's style, put 25 cents in the juke box play a good oldie and get a cheese burger with fries. The only problem is it is a little small so make sure you go when it isn't busy.

1  Thank DrOswald
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My family and I arrived at 2:30pm on Thursday, July 10th. The restaurant was very crowded and we managed to find the last available table. Montana was our waitress and was fantastic. Service was prompt and everything was correct. She smartly brought out the kids food first. The food was excellent and the milkshakes were amazing (as always). My best experience at Island Delights. Have been many times but Montana put it over the top.

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We eat here every time we are vacationing on Topsail. This past week we ate there three times. Great burgers and fries. They have the best fried mushrooms we've ever eaten! We ate lunch two times, and the food and service were great. We ate our third meal here for supper. The service was poor. Our waitress acted like she could care less , she did not come back to our table except to give us the check. ( The restaurant was not busy). We went to the ice cream counter when we needed tea refills. Our kids got the burgers and my husband and I tried the tuna and chicken salad subs. The burgers were great as usual. The tuna and chicken salad subs were bland. We will definitly go back for lunch and eat burgers.