“After Many Years, I'm Done Going To Long Island Pizza” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Long Island Pizza - CLOSED

Long Island Pizza
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, American
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“After Many Years, I'm Done Going To Long Island Pizza”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

My family has made an annual trip to Long Island Pizza each year during our summer beach trip. After being somewhat disappointed the last couple of years, this year is our last visit. Super slow service, a less than friendly waiter and very average but yet expensive pizza are what we got at Long Island. Last time I checked, I thought I was the customer, but it doesn't feel like that at this establishment. We won't be back.

• Visited August 2013
5 Thank Razzierb

“Terrible!!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

The lady in her wheelchair just sits there and yells at the servers. A COOK employee came out from the back and they both were cursing and yelling at one another...I had my young children with us. it was unacceptable. we had to wait over an hour for our TWO pizzas!!! Than while waiting for desert we overheard the wheel chair lady tell our server to tell us we needed to leave because we were taking up a table!!! Ridiculous! I will never eat there again unless its under new managment. I suggest you don't either, Especially if your bringing young children.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank katkit1892
Chardon, Ohio
“Not good”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

After having tried pizza at a few places on the Island (and across the bridge as well) we decided to try Long Island Pizza. Our family didn't like it. And it's pretty hard for 4 young boys not to be pleased with pizza. I personally, normally appreciate a thin style pizza but theirs is like cardboard with sauce on it. And not cheap either. Everyone has to try for themselves I suppose but I would not recommend Long Island Pizza when you are staying on the island.

Visited August 2012
4 Thank Frank S
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
“More Bad Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

Called for take out for 2 sub sandwiches and was told they would be ready in 25 minutes to 1 hour. (First clue they had problems which I ignored) When I arrived 1 hour later there were 6 people in the take away line who were boarding on becoming irate standing in the small, cramped and hot 8 table restaurant. 1 hr and 38 minutes after I had ordered 2 sandwiches I still had no food. They gave very poor customer service and the manager never addressed nor apologized for the extreme wait only leaving a nice young high schools girl to try to calm the ever growing irate crowd. The manager should have taken charge and expedited our orders. I canceled my order and drove to Max's Pizza 2 miles away and ordered the same thing and got my sandwiches in 11 minutes and even ordered a small pizza. Was greeted by several nice ladies at Max's and even was offered a cold beer while I waited. (By that time I needed several)

Long Island Pizza needs to be on Kitchen Nightmare. I have never seen such a poorly run, poorly managed pizza joint. No fault to the nice servers who were hung out to dry by their leaders. Stay away during the summer!

5 Thank Sparkey R
Raleigh, NC
“B.C.E. Best Calzone Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

Came in at recommendation of friends who live in Topsail. Met Jack and placed our order to go. Jack was kind enough to show off some of the NYPD memorabilia and NY GIant's stuff. As a Packers owner/fanatic, I have tremendous respect for the Giants.

Service was fast. Calzones are HUGE. Marinara sauce is out of this world.

The Pizza's were great, generously topped, and delicious to eat.

Calzones.....= B. C. E. LIPizza has become our goto place in Surf City.