Island Inn
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Surf City
See available hotels
Tiffany's Motel(Surf City)
Breezeway Motel(Holly Ridge)
View Hotel
Jolly Roger Inn & Pier(Topsail Beach)
  • Beachfront
Sea Vista Motel(Topsail Beach)
View Hotel
Quality Inn & Suites(Sneads Ferry)
View Hotel
Topsail Shores Inn(Sneads Ferry)
View Hotel
Shell Island Resort(Wrightsville Beach)
  • Pool
Ocean View Motel(Wrightsville Beach)
View Hotel
Silver Gull Motel(Wrightsville Beach)
View Hotel
All reviewswithin walking distancepicnic tablesacross the streetthe ownerbeach accessrooms are smalldaily grindtwo queen bedscorner delibeach gearrelaxing staybeach housesalt watersecond homeshops restaurantsenjoyed our stayno frills
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We were greeted with a smile from the front desk...by all people the owner, Barbara. What a pleasant and accomodating person. Handed us our room key and when we went in, it was as fresh as a daisy. We could not ask for more! I highly recomend this for your next place to stay in Surf City. It is so convenient to restaurants and what I really go for-the beautiful beach.
What a fun place. You really need to experience the "island life" and stay with these guys.

Room Tip: Lower level if you have poor knees. Upper level is great, just steps away from paradise! The rooms around the pool are really nice if you want something for you and your family. The whole place is great!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
topsailislandinn, Owner at Island Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

Thank you so much!!!

Reviewed 28 June 2013

We live just 45 minutes from Topsail Island, but decided to get away for a few days/nights at the beach. Sort of a mini-vacation. Living in this area, we were able to drive to the island the week before our trip and check out the local motels and rental properties. We picked the Island Inn because it, well, just looked "quaint." We made the right decision by judging this book from it's cover. The room was clean, beach access just across the street, and the inn was close enough to the center of town to walk. There were ice cream, coffee, and gift shops within one block of the hotel. We had a bottom floor room and were amazed that we heard no noise from the rooms next to ours. There was some noise from the room above ours, but we expected that with tile floors. Not a big deal as we spent most of the day at the beach, pool, or dining. We had a picnic table and rocking chairs outside our room and were able to enjoy both. This was the perfect location for a quaint, laid-back, relaxing retreat at the beach. We will definitely return and recommend the Island Inn to our friends and family.

Room Tip: Would recommend a second floor room or a first floor room with no room above it.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Lenny49011
topsailislandinn, Owner at Island Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

Thank you so much!! We strive to be clean and comfortable! I have stayed in other motels/hotels with carpeting and still heard people above. All depends if you get considerate or inconsiderate folks over you :) Fortunately, we get considerate guests!
Please do visit us again!

Reviewed 23 June 2013

Distance-wise, our room was closer to the beach than many "oceanfront" condos we have stayed in previously. The location is great. Very clean rooms. You can tell the owners take pride in this place.

The rooms are quite small, but unless you're going on vacation to stay in your room and watch TV, that shouldn't matter. If we were looking for another long weekend on Topsail Island, we would probably stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
topsailislandinn, Owner at Island Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

So glad we are appreciated!!! We do try hard to have everything as perfect as possible. The smile on our guests faces brighten not only the ones of us in the office day, but our housekeeping staff as well. They are truly the most important employees here! Our maintenance crew, which is my husband and son, are constantly making our rooms even nicer. Just wish we could get all of our wish list done in one winter!
Thank you!

Reviewed 19 June 2013

What a great place to stay. Safe and so close to the beach... we left our tent up when our kids had to go back to the motel to take a nap. We had a spacious queen bed room on the first floor. We traveled with a 2.5 yr old and a 5 month old. We brought a pack-n-play, and rented another one from them for a small fee. Both pack-n-plays fit fine in our room. There was a great place to hang your wet towels outside your room and a picnic table to leave some sandy things out right outside your door. There is a great close deli nearby where we ate our breakfasts and lunches. We were able to walk (with a double stroller) to decent restaurants for dinner. We barely used the car. It was clean (a few flies, but they had a handy swatter, and I think it's expected to see bugs by the beach. It wasn't a luxurious 5 star hotel, but it was clean and convenient and at the right price for a budgeting family. Just what we needed. I would go there again and would recommend this place to friends for sure.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Charissa18

Thank you so much!! We all do our very best make sure rooms are clean and guests are comfortable. We have an awesome housekeeping staff! Our maintenance guys, my husband and son, stay busy upgrading in the winter and maintaining in the summer.
It makes us all feel good when our customers are happy!!

Reviewed 18 June 2013

I was very Blessed to find this Gem of a place! I called every Pet Friendly hotel on Topsail Island before my arrival but showed up without a reservation because I wanted to look at the location, cleanliness, and make sure it was safe and quite. Island Inn was my first stop and it fit my criteria to a tee and then some! Barbara the owner/operator was so warm and friendly and the room was so perfect I didn't need to go any further. My room was very pet friendly with clean hard tile floors. The refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker was a great addition. The room I stayed in #5 had a second bedroom but I didn't need it so it was locked and I wasn't charged for it. I also had a dining room table with 4 chairs. The Flat Screen and nice tropical bedding made for a comfortable and relaxing stay. Pool was clean as was the grounds. The picnic tables outside each room was great too. Walking distance to Pier, Shopping, and Restuarants. Only suggestion would be a grill, there were lots of places to buy fresh Seafood I would of love to grill out! I'll be back for sure!

Room Tip: There's no bad choice! It's ALL GOOD!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank megantracy
topsailislandinn, Owner at Island Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Thank you so much!! I do all I can for our guests. We cannot allow cooking out here. The fire dept and our insurance agent said that with the wood, plants, etc we cannot allow it.
However, the park at the swing bridge which is on the intercoastal has running water, bathrooms, covered picnic table and allows cooking on portable gas grill.
Park at North end of the Island allows cooking with charcoal as they have a receptacle for the hot coals. It too has playground, bathrooms, running water and very pretty.