“Just a. perfect. spot ,the most popular secret on the island,brilliantbeach ,great food,reallyspecial service.”

Mystique Beach Bar Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Ampelakia
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the secluded and majestic Mystique Beach Bar & Ampelakia beach. A magnificent location where you can spend all day relaxing, with soothing backyard music while enjoying a wide range of mouth watering smoothies and cocktails paired with exquisite food. We try to bring you the freshest and finest ingredients from small Greek producers We use vegetables picked from our garden or local farmers and olive oil from our harvest. "The beach bar could not be more picturesque. The bar staff are friendly, the music is perfect and the menu has a wide range of fresh, healthy and interesting dishes. The beach is quieter and smaller than many of the others, making it a perfect and tranquil way to spend the day.
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I visited the island twice this year ,firstly in May when I stayed at the Skiathos Palace,from where I discovered Ambelakia,as I was only staying for one week and had the whole island to discover I could only visit 3 times:but soon became a familiar.After only. 2 visits my coffee was waiting for me in Wi Fi area.Lunch was served at my beach bed.Always tasty and fresh unusual in a beach bar.On my second trip to the island in September ,my welcome was more that of an old friend.The managers and all the staff recognized all the regulars ,some even by name. It made for a great holiday.Even though I stayed in Skiathos Town it was always worth getting the bus from the first to the last stop just to be pampered like a tycoon if only for 2 weeks.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Really really loved the food (especially the courgette spaghetti in pesto sauce, wow!!!)
Atmosphere and staff were also wonderful but the atmosphere got ruined for me because of a lovely dog (maybe 6 months old?) chained up...:((

1  Thank Ruby J
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Price has exclusivity and that's what you get here. What a delightful beach, set up and dinner. This goes to no1 on skiathos in our view. The service is attentive and friendly,the food is a pleasant departure from the norm of just about every other restaurant in skiathos. Well worth a visit. We pre booked, arrived by boat and were greater by name and shown to a great table overlooking the beach. Advice to those criticising..it pays to be polite! We'll be returning here for sure on our next visit. The beach beds are no more expensive than elsewhere on the island, but the double bed loungers stand apart, great for the family!

Reviewed 5 September 2013

what a wonderful beach! I was so pleased we visited this beach as it was one of my favourites on the island. It was beautiful and clean and we were actually swimming with the fish, the service was brilliant and such a bonus not to have to get up and go for drinks or food.....excellent!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Our hotel told us about this place, and what a great find. It isn't somewhere you would discover in passing as it is accessed down a steep pathway and marked only with minimal signage. Both factors work to secure its exclusive and private feel. It is situated on a small, beautiful bay which is kept pristine as Mystique is the only restaurant/beach club here. The loungers are high quality wooden ones with generous spacing and the bar service is good, servers are friendly and smartly attired. Great music adds to the trendy, relaxed scene. The restaurant/ bar itself is an attractive spot, overlooking the beach at the front and neat lawns to the back and the loos are immaculate. Unlike so many Greek eateries the menu is kept blessedly concise & consequently everything we had was box fresh, high quality and flavoursome. Given the upmarket vibe I thought food was extremely reasonably priced though I agree that drinks are quite expensive but again good quality products are used. This place would suit those looking for a quieter more sophisticated beach experience than can be found at some of the larger, busier and better known beaches in Skiathos. The most famous beach, Koukounaries, just minutes away, is billed as the best beach in Greece and is indeed very nice but sunbeds are packed like sardines and the restaurant choices are run of the mill. We had one great day there too, riding inflatable sofa's pulled by speedboat, banana boats, pedalo's etc. Mystique offers a peaceful contrast and a much better dining experience.