Our room was clean and felt very homey. Beds were comfy and adequate pillows but that is subjective I suppose.
Breakfast was nice. I liked the cheese omelets and waffle station. Typical cheap-o pastries, fruit, cereal and coffee, tea, juices, milk and hot chocolate. Certainly a good start to the day.
My only complaint was how noisey the elevator was. We were in room 413 next to the elevator. I never thought about the location of the room before going to bed. Once we were in bed and sleeping we were awaken periodically by the elevators' groaning. Sure, I could have packed up a family of four in the middle of the night and moved to another room but I doubt that would have improved our sleeping as then my kiddos would have been up and hard to get back to sleep. Try to ask for a room away from the elevator.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites® Swansboro hotel is nestled in a historic North Carolina town on the banks of the White Oak River, which joins the intracoastal waterway and flows past the pristine beaches of Bear Island. Boasting quaint downtown charm, a small harbor and the lovely Hammocks Beach State Park (one of the most visited attractions in the state), you'll truly be in the middle of it all during your stay at our Swansboro, NC hotel. You can spend your days fishing, boating, camping and kayaking or just basking in the sun on the sandy beach. You'll also find plenty of golf, shopping, culture and amusement parks near our hotel in Swansboro. Travelers come from all over to enjoy the many exciting events, including the Arts by the Sea Festival, the Mullet Festival, Candlelight Shopping, the Christmas Flotilla, annual Oyster Roast, Blue Water Fishing Tournament, King Mackerel Tournament and the Speckled Trout Tournament… just to name a few! We're also a short drive to Jacksonville, where many of our finest Marines serve at Camp Lejeune.Visit the Hampton Inn & Suites Swansboro hotel and experience "The Friendly City By The Sea". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Swansboro / near Camp Lejeune at Bear Creek Gate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Swansboro
- Hampton Inn & Suites Swansboro Hotel Swansboro