“Mistake”
Review of Economy Inn

Economy Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sylva
Economy Inn
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Sylva
“Mistake”
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Got room week at a time for work stayed 3 weeks couldn't get no one to clean room.they say they will but don't. Moved hotels a week later owners wife showed up at my job wanting money for damages to room $800.I didn't know what she was talking about she said she was calling the law.I said ok.she left and I heard nothing. This was a scam watch out

• Stayed March 2013
8 Thank ftw4201979

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Waxhaw, NC
Reviewed 1 November 2012

We were in the area for the big Old Mountain Jug football game between App State and Western. There were no hotels, inns, cabins available for miles and miles. Which will say something for this place being available. I have read that some people got a room here for $40 a night, we had to pay $80 because of this particular weekend. NO matter what-this place is not worth $80 a night-but if you are ever in a bind it really will be OK to stay here.

Pros-The room was OK. It was clean , there were no bugs, and the office people are quite nice.
Our room did have a microwave and fridge.

Cons- Old. The rooms were stuffy smelling-probably because they are not always used and you wouldn't open the windows. The windows are single paned and do not have screens-and the windows are right at the level someone could walk by and look right into your room. There is a nice brook behind it-which really is the nicest part of the place-so it is a shame you can't get some air and have the bubbling noise to listen to. Beds were OK-sleepable. The sheets were old, worn and thin-and ours even had a few burn holes in them. The age of the heating made me a touch nervous even though there were no problems with it. Worked fine.

Bottom line-if you absolutely had to stay here-you could-just don't do it for $80. Only if I HAD to- would I "choose" to stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank LMAZZWaxhaw_NC

Travellers are raving about these Sylva hotels

Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 16 August 2012

I was in Sylva & Cullowhee for business. It was late and I did not want to have to drive all the way back up to Asheville. I had a travelers coupon for this place, so I checked it out. At first glance, I was not thrilled. It was right off the main road, plus a railroad track was about 30 yards from the front of the inn. As it turned out, traffic was light, and no trains came thru. Room was clean, furnishings and paint all relatively new, bathroom was small, has tv and wifi, and no funky smell. Only complaint was that they advertised free breakfast, but the next morning, no breakfast, not even coffee. They may have brought something out had I'd asked, but was in a bit of a hurry, so didn't bother. Friendly staff. It is right on the edge of the downtown area with shops and restaurants just steps away.

Room Tip: Don't let the first appearance discourage you. At least ask to see a room. Not a Hampton, but...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank DMtraveler58134
Apopka, Florida
Reviewed 24 June 2011

Sure, it looks a little sketchy, but the room was clean, management was nice, and it's got a cool spot next to the creek. I enjoyed reading next to the water. As far as the room, I found no major problems, and it was clean and neat. The fit and finish/detail weren't great, but hell-for 40 bucks you can't beat it, especially when everything else in Sylva is $70+.

Room Tip: Bargain for the 39.95 "special price"
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Joshua C
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 24 June 2011

Another place I found using a coupon from a travel magazine from a highway rest area. The price with the coupon was under $40.00. Even with the good price when I first drove up to the motel I drove past because it looked a little sketchy. I mustered up enough courage to drive back and actually inspect a room. To my surprise the room was very clean and comfortable. It had not been updated too recently but it was holding up well. The one knock on this place was I found the bed was not too comfortable. It wasn't uncomfortable but you could tell there was not a lot of money spent on the mattress. I did have a nice cold beer in one of the chairs they had out along the creek that runs behind their place. And the manager, Brian, was especially nice and helpful when I asked for directions.

Room Tip: ask to inspect your room before checking in
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
north carolina
Reviewed 26 March 2011

booked 2 nights on credit card, when we arrived they only had us for one night but conveiniently had another room at a hotel 30 miles away owned by same family. would not refund our money. room was musty and smoky. linens were old and needing replacing burn holes in bed spread and curtains. this is a rat hole that needs to be shut down. they do not operate with good business ethics.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
charlotte
Reviewed 10 September 2010

The manager at this Economy Inn has to be the sweetest most friendly person I have ever met in the hotel business and that says a lot. I work for a 4 star hotel and travel extensively. The room was immaculate, very inexpensive and quite comfortable. We had a last minute emergency that caused us to need the room and instead of taking advantage of that she went out of her way to make sure everything was perfect and even discounted the rate for us. If you need an inexpensive place to stay in Sylva I would highly recommend it. They even serve breakfast and there is a microwave and small frig in the room

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sylva
Comfort Inn
Quality Inn Sylva
#4 of 6 in Sylva
Best Western Plus River Escape Inn & Suites
Best Western Smoky Mountain Inn

Been to Economy Inn? Share your experiences!