“Very good burger”

Hooper's Downtown
Price range: US$3 - US$11
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: breakfast and lunch served all day. Best breakfast in jackson county.
Dunwoody, Georgia
“Very good burger”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

After fishing we were hungry and looking for something simple, this is a good spot. Surprisingly excellent burger and nice fries (could have been a little warmer). Bacon cheese burger with lettuce and tomato, hard to beat. This isn't Smash Burger or Farm Burger or some other "big name," but good. Beer is cold and has a small town college pub feel. Plenty ESPN if you like. Had a complimentary chocolate chip cookie and it was a winner. Certainly would not hesitate to return. Pizza is known to be good.

• Visited March 2014

Vicenza, Italy
“Great breakfast!”
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I stopped in on a Saturday morning at 8 AM while passing through the area. This is a cosy cafe with tables and booths. The servers were friendly and service was fast. My breakfast plate arrived from the kitchen in less than 5 minutes.

The over easy eggs were cooked perfectly and I also enjoyed the biscuits. I would definitely stop here again for breakfast. Plus, the bill total was $4.95 !!!

• Visited November 2013
Boonton, New Jersey
“Unfortunately I cant rate it worse than terrible - or I would.”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We waited on a Sunday just around lunch about 30 minutes. That was not the issue as we anticipated waiting. The problem is that we sat for 15 minutes before the waitress came by the table. Apologized for being late to arrive. Asked for our drink orders and said she'd be back with menus. 10 minutes later, no waitress, we got up and got the menus for ourselves.

The waitress came back by, apologized again, then took our orders and still no drinks. 10 minutes later she came by each other table around us, making mistakes along the way and then the hostess starts to set a table of 12 next to us.

When we approched the hostess that she couldnt handle the few tables and maybe she should not have that many seated in her area because she couldnt handle what she did have. The hostess commented that it wasn't her job to worry about the waitress and that the waitress would be with us shortly. (she was very rude)

We decided to leave now 45 minutes into being seated, no drinks or food were served. The hostess was at the front complaining that the customer (me) was complaining that they hadn't been served.

Guess they got something right - we were complaining that the service was less than adequate and if the staff is not able to handle the volumn they have.

Ownership should either find a replacement for them or hire more staff. I would venture to tell you they need to replace several of the front of the house associates as they are not service oriented.

We will never go back. That was embarassing for the Owners of that restaurant.

1 Thank Statefan_11
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“:( Skip this place, try the new restaurant just down the street, JG`s”
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Food is bland, needs some spice. The price not bad, but can get better food elsewhere for the same prices!!!! Try the new restaurant just down the street :)

1 Thank msclipzalot
Indian Trail, NC
“Good but not so good.”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

My wife an I stopped in while exploring the area over the Labor Day weekend and just picked Hooper's. We got seated quickly it was not busy maybe about a dozen and a half people dining most eating off the buffet. It was about 1:30 when we walked in. We got the fried pickels for an Appetizer and they where not the best, no taste and they where a little too done. Then for lunch I got he club which was good and hit he spot. My wife got the Hooper's hot dog which was huge she had to eat it with a fork, it had a good taste but it was only warm. The waitress was ok but couldn't remember what we wanted or had to drink in fact she put my order in as a BLT so I had to wait until they made my club while my wife ate. She apologied a few times about the mess up but just seemed like she didn't want to be there. I'm not sure we would be back next item we are in town. I will say that I'm surprised of our experience since most of the reviews are good.

1 Thank Jeff S