“Viva La Guadalupe!”

Ranked #3 of 69 Restaurants in Sylva
Price range: US$8 - US$21
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We ate here twice while on vacation in the mountains of NC, and both times our meals were wonderful. ... We were very impressed by the cooking and commitment to serving fresh, locally grown and organic food - and actually surprised to find such a place in a very small mountain town.
Cullowhee nc
“Viva La Guadalupe!”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Every time we go there, it gets better and better! The owner/chef is very creative! Best food and wait staff in town!

• Visited April 2014

Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
“Best Curry that I had this year!”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I love Thai food, spicy, delicious food that makes my taste buds do the Tango.
After a very disappointing meal at a restaurant that I will not mention, I found this place due to a recommendation of the coffeeshop owner across the street.
The produce comes from local farms, they only serve what's in season. The meat is also purchased locally, organic fed pigs, goats and cattle.
My appetizer was a stuffed avocado top with goat cheese. Picture two avocado halfs with pico and goat cheese topping. The shrimp curry was served on a bed of jasmin rice, the coconut milk curry was one of the best a ate this year. I eat Thai a lot when I am on the road for business. Makes me think that I am saving calories cause it's not a big fat steak or potatoes.
I finished my meal with the home-made Ginger Cheese Cake and coffee and was in foodie heaven. The service was execellent and the price well below the Big Town prices I am used to pay elsewhere. Brynn the server even ran after me after I left the restaurant without taking my prior purchases from the antique store next door. If you come to WCU or just drive through town, stop on Main Street. It's worth it.

• Visited March 2014
South Carolina
“Good, interesting food”
Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

We were there on a Sunday after 1pm.
We were offered water, and given menus, and the server explained that the brunch menu was depleted but for two items. The menu was extremely confusing to figure out, with short descriptions of the items and then lists of extra toppings at various extra cost. After some discussion we ordered a burrito and tacos with no extras except for jalapenos (extra 50¢ per) on my two tacos.
The employees all seemed busy, but there wasn't much food action going on. We waited probably half an hour for our straight off the menu entrees. The food was very good vegetarian, and served on heavy diner china with metal flatware, cloth napkins and glass glasses, so a previous poster's issues seem to have been addressed on that score.
So it was good food, cheerful but oddly indifferent service. Very eclectic casual atmosphere. At $16+, a bit pricey for two taqueria items and two glasses of water.

Visited January 2014
Greenville, South Carolina
“Wasn't bad, but wasn't wonderful.”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

The place is small with limited seating. It can be loud. Little atmosphere - don't go there for a romantic dinner. The service was bad. I didn't see my waiter from the time he took my order until he dropped off the check, someone else delivered my food and no one ever came and checked on me. Forget another drink or even a water refill.
The food is unusual, not truly Mexican or Spanish - I guess it's all supposed to be fresh and local. The food wasn't bad, just nothing to rave about.

• Visited December 2013
Kitty Hawk, North Carolina
“very good, plus very bad = average?”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Food was good, service was not good, the very bad part is the allergic reaction I had to something in my food that took three benedryl to overcome and ruined the evening for everyone. Most bizarre was the waitress who would not sell us slices of chocolate cake to go (it was my birthday and we were running late for a play), saying that her boss would be upset? We still are shaking our heads and trying to figure that one out. We DID love the soft goat cheese that was local.

• Visited November 2013