“Wonderful Fine”

Ranked #3 of 72 Restaurants in Sylva
Price range: US$8 - US$21
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We ate here twice while on vacation in the mountains of NC, and both times our meals were wonderful. ... We were very impressed by the cooking and commitment to serving fresh, locally grown and organic food - and actually surprised to find such a place in a very small mountain town.
Reviewed 2 May 2014

My wife and I found Guadalupe by accident on a Sunday night but we were so impressed with the quality of food and the diverse menu that we can't wait to go back. It is sort of a Mexican-Caribbean fusion restaurant which was very surprising to find in Sylva. The food was wonderful and the service was great. Our server was very attentive and friendly. The emphasis is on local foods and both our meals were fantastic.

1  Thank Barry B

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Easter Sunday is a tough day to find lots of casual places open for business. We were traveling through Sylva, North Carolina and happened upon downtown Sylva. Guadalupe was medium busy. It is a funky place, serving generally Mexican food, but with an Indian influence. We opted for three tapas options- a salsa sampler, blt wrap and a tamale. All of our choices were winners. The ingredients were fresh, tasty and inventive. We followed up the meal with a vegan coconut cake that was expensive, but divine. I recommend Guadalupe if you find yourself in this quaint little town.

1  Thank Bookstax
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Every time we go there, it gets better and better! The owner/chef is very creative! Best food and wait staff in town!

Reviewed 22 March 2014

I love Thai food, spicy, delicious food that makes my taste buds do the Tango.
After a very disappointing meal at a restaurant that I will not mention, I found this place due to a recommendation of the coffeeshop owner across the street.
The produce comes from local farms, they only serve what's in season. The meat is also purchased locally, organic fed pigs, goats and cattle.
My appetizer was a stuffed avocado top with goat cheese. Picture two avocado halfs with pico and goat cheese topping. The shrimp curry was served on a bed of jasmin rice, the coconut milk curry was one of the best a ate this year. I eat Thai a lot when I am on the road for business. Makes me think that I am saving calories cause it's not a big fat steak or potatoes.
I finished my meal with the home-made Ginger Cheese Cake and coffee and was in foodie heaven. The service was execellent and the price well below the Big Town prices I am used to pay elsewhere. Brynn the server even ran after me after I left the restaurant without taking my prior purchases from the antique store next door. If you come to WCU or just drive through town, stop on Main Street. It's worth it.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

We were there on a Sunday after 1pm.
We were offered water, and given menus, and the server explained that the brunch menu was depleted but for two items. The menu was extremely confusing to figure out, with short descriptions of the items and then lists of extra toppings at various extra cost. After some discussion we ordered a burrito and tacos with no extras except for jalapenos (extra 50¢ per) on my two tacos.
The employees all seemed busy, but there wasn't much food action going on. We waited probably half an hour for our straight off the menu entrees. The food was very good vegetarian, and served on heavy diner china with metal flatware, cloth napkins and glass glasses, so a previous poster's issues seem to have been addressed on that score.
So it was good food, cheerful but oddly indifferent service. Very eclectic casual atmosphere. At $16+, a bit pricey for two taqueria items and two glasses of water.