“Well Done Cafe Food”

Ranked #11 of 67 Restaurants in Sylva
Price range: US$1 - US$13
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We are a casual counter-service cafe with local and organic selections, as well as gluten-free and dairy-free options. We serve local draft beer, wine by the glass and bottle as well as locally roasted coffees and espresso drinks. We have a pet-friendly patio and free wifi.
Lakeland, Florida
“Well Done Cafe Food”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

This restaurant is on the bottom floor of the City Lights Bookstore a block off of Main Street. Parking is limited immediately around the Cafe. More parking can be found back on Main treet, but it is an uphill walk from there to the cafe. The lunch menu includes such items as crepes, panini sandwiches, wraps, salads, soup and a nice collection of desert bakery items. We had a well prepared and tasty ham and cheese panini with a mild spicy feta sauce that came with a side of tri-colored tortilla chips with very good homemade salsa. They also serve a good locally branded coffee and have a relatively small, selective wine list intended more (I think) for their dinner menu. Service was friendly - but, it does include some self-service. It has a neighborhood, regular customer feel to it. Restroom was clean and well appointed. This appears to be a nicely run independent small business and has the advantage of a bookstore right above it from which you can access the cafe. I recommend this to anyone interested in a reasonably priced, well prepared, somewhat creative casual lunch.

• Visited February 2014

Kings Mountain, North Carolina, United States
“Crepes are the YUM!”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

My husband ordered strawberry cheesecake and I ordered banana/nutella. HOLY COW! These are the best crepes I have ever put in my mouth! The coffee was awesome too, and if I remember correctly, it comes locally from Asheville. (Coffee connoisseur here.)

The ladies that morning were friendly and the atmosphere is very laid back. A place to enjoy! FYI: Pet friendly.

• Visited January 2014
“Good atmosphere and food”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

This is a quaint little restaurant that has excellent food that has a different flair. I've eaten there several times and each time the food has been tasteful and well presented. It is not a service restaurant, but you order at the counter and they bring you the food. They have a little area for wine and talking. They also have lattes, etc.

• Visited December 2013
Tallahassee, Florida
“Poor meal, over priced”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I had lunch today with my family at City Lights. I ordered quiche and tomato bisque soup and my grandaughter ordered a grill cheese with salad and a cup of soup. Everything is self service including getting your own drinks (you have to wait for the ice). They bought a bowl of soup for my grandaughter The soup was inedible as it was so salty. The dressing for the salad was lemon juice and vinegar, not very appetizing. The seating was crowded and tables were uneven. The place was so noisy we couldn't hold a coversation. Live music was pleasant and the book store upstairs is great. Overall, disappointing meal.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank ndavis52
Whittier, North Carolina
“An outdoor disappointment”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I was invited to the City Lights Cafe, in August 2013. A patron is allowed to bring a dog, on leash, and enjoy a meal, outside. It was a quiet Summer evening, not many patrons. The service was not great.....no eating utensils on the tables, had to wait for most things, and we felt a little forgotten about. The food was not really up to par. The chicken dish, which was forgettable, was flat, with too much "yuppy" greens flavor that overpowered the chicken. Many people go there for the free Wi-Fi, which is nice, but it takes away from a diner's experience when someone is talking to his/her computer, while sitting next to you...lol. I guess it was just a bad night, but I know I will not be going back. They need to be more attentive of their outside guests, and maybe lighten up on the "yuppy" greenery on the dishes. If you have no other choices.....then go, but I wouldn't recommend City Lights....it isn't worth the money.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank 827dianem
Bernadette P, Owner at City Lights Cafe, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
I am sorry you were disappointed with your meal and the counter service format of the cafe. If you are interested in giving us another chance, I would love to buy you a meal!