“Quickly becoming a regular.”
Review of Rae's City Grill - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Description: 828 586 Food
Description: 828 586 Food
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Of the ten or twenty times I've been to Rae's so far, I've never had sub-par service, occasionally a little slow (~45 minutes) if they get really crowded, but still better than most restaurants. I'm not entirely sure what wild hair is up other reviewer's butts, but food takes a long time to make, especially if you order a pizza which they make by hand. Having worked in the food-making industry, I've seen that some people hate waiting longer than five minutes for food, then complain if the food is not perfect. The aforementioned attitude is called hypocrisy, learn patience.

Their $1.50 beer menu typically offers a few good, non-average, beers. The burgers are amazing, and if you're really adventurous, attempt ordering the giant 28" pizza. I warn you though, have at least four hungry people if you have any desire to not take it home in a comically matching 28" pizza box. Overall, Rae's may be my favorite place in town as well as not being overly expensive.

1  Thank MIanOstrander
Reviewed 13 February 2013

Wow this place is awful. I use to go here before the name chane and it was a bit better. Since becoming Ray's there is no customer service. My fiance and I waited nearly an hour for food after waiting 20 minutes for a beer. We were the only customers in the restaurant. Because there is not a lot of places to go in Sylva we went back. On the second trip we had nearly the same experience. The worst service I've ever received. Twice.

2  Thank aqlong1
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Saw this place was open and stoppen in the the lunch buffet. It was Jamacian which I like. Good service. I will stop back and order off of the menu.