“Cool atmosphere, good food!”
Review of Jay G's Mountain Side Grill - CLOSED

Jay G's Mountain Side Grill
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We learned that a lot of restaurants do not open on Sunday in this area, so our choices were limited to the place that I had an allergic reaction to across the street or this place. We loved the exposed brick walls right away and the restored movie theater was very interesting. We had many ideas of possible uses for this space! The food was good and service was with a smile and prompt. My son's burger was devoured and greatly appreciated by him and the vegetarians were happy with their choices as well. Very good experience overall, we wish them well and hope they can utilize the very unique space in other ways in the future.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Decide to give Jay G's a try since it has been opened about 2 months. Had heard mixed reviews from locals as well as the review on Tripadvisor. Went on a Saturday night before 6:30 PM. There were 4 other people in the restaurant and 2 staff. Were seated quickly and server came quickly for our drink order. Since it was before 6:30 we decided to go with the early bird special which is also there lunch menu. I order the grilled grouper with sweet potato fries, my wife had the fried oysters. The beef vegetable soup was very good with lots of veggies and meat. When our main course came I was a little surprised. I had a plate full of fries and one small piece of grouper. The grouper tasted good but the quantity was about half of what I expected for the price. My wife had 5 fried oysters which were very good. The service was courteous and quick. Then the biggest surprise occurred. When I received the bill I was surprised by the amount which was $13 too high. They said it was because of the calculator but just looking at the amounts showed it was incorrect. They did correct the error but you should check the amount before paying. May be awhile before returning.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Our lunch was delicious. I had the shrimp PoBoy with just right sweet potato fries. The shrimp were perfectly fried, huge, light and succulent. Coming from New Orleans we are pretty critical and find it difficult to find good, properly prepared seafood in WNC, yet our food today lived up to expectations! Hubby had the grilled grouper which he loved too. The atmosphere was nice, service was good, and the staff very friendly. Prices were very reasonable. We will be back soon and often!

Reviewed 27 October 2013

We were seated upon walking in and greeted by a very nice server. I had the mountain trout which was good. My husband and friends had the grouper, which I will diffinately try next time. Raspberry vinaigrette was fabulous. Just kinda cool setting in the old movie theatre.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

My husband and I tried to eat at Jay G's for lunch this past Thursday. We had to wait over ten minutes to be seated even though there was no one waiting (that should have been a warning). Once we were seated it took the waitress another ten minutes to come and take our drink order. When she brought back our drinks we placed our lunch order. We each ordered a cup of soup and an entree. Thirty minutes later, we still did not have our soup. We finally stopped another waitress to ask her about our order because our waitress never came back after she dropped off our drinks. The other waitress went to check for us and then came back to tell us that they were sorry but they were out of one of the soups we ordered. It took them 30 minutes to come and tell us that! And the restaurant was not even busy. Our waitress never did come back herself so we got up and left. Since we were never served, we can't tell you how the food tasted, but given our experience, I doubt it would have been very good. Don't waste your time with this restaurant.