“Address NOT on GPS”
Review of Quality Inn Sylva

Quality Inn Sylva
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Sylva
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I have a TomTom and Garmin GPS and neither could locate the address of the hotel, however when I called they gave me a different address that worked. I found the staff to be courteous and accommodating. My room was on the 4th floor and it was clean and had a frig. I was happy with the quality and location of this Inn although it is located in a bad turn area. I would stay again as the price was reasonable.

Room Tip: I would recommend the 4th floor since it was quiet and had spacious rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 30 May 2014

This hotel may have the "best rates", but there is nothing Quality about this hotel. It is dimly lit, and it smells awful. It seriously needs to be updated and CLEANED! Although we had a non-smoking room, our room smelled like an ashtray. Our couch in our room had two rips in it & some stain on it. The sheets on our bed weren't changed the entire time we stayed there. My boyfriend had ripped open his knuckle while at work which left a small stain on the sheet our right after we checked in. That same stain was there in the same spot when checkedout on Monday morning. You might as well forget about sleep because can hear the Smokey Mountain Expressway from the room. Besides the fact that you almost get rear-ended trying to pull into the place. It's located right off the edge of the expressway on an 8% grade hill. They don't have an lane you can get over onto, so the traffic behind you doesn't plow into you. You have to go past the hotel & turn around then cross the traffic to keep from being ran over. You can also hear people showering, talking, slamming doors, and pulling into the parking lot (we were on the 3rd floor). The free breakfast is a joke. They don't have any hot food other than the waffle maker, or you can microwave yourself oatmeal. I will never return to this place. Thank goodness it wasn't raining. Each day we left anywhere between 8-9 in the morning and we wouldn't return until 8-9 at night. I was extremely disappointed, I can't believe we wasted our points on this roach coach.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Zielinsk60
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I stayed here while attending a wedding in the mountains. The mother of the bride reserved a large block of rooms. There is very little staff here, and we had to wait a while to check in. The entire hotel smells, and although in theory we had a no -smoking room, it still smelled of smoke. There was rarely anyone at the front desk, when one had questions, and you had to wait to check out. I guess we had it better than other wedding guests who stayed here. They had issues with heating, and cleanliness. The worst part is that after we waited to check out, and were charged, we found out later that our dear friend who had blocked out the rooms was also charged!!! When I called to rectify the situation, first they said they had no records of my card or stay, then the woman coyly suggested that perhaps the mother of the bride intended to pay for our room. Well if that was the case(which it wasn't), why did you charge both our cards?!?!? What kind of business doesn't have records of their reservations? I hope my poor friend eventually got her money back. Would never stay here again. If you do, check your credit card statement carefully after leaving!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Debra B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sylva
Comfort Inn
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Cherokee
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#9 of 28 in Cherokee

Been to Quality Inn Sylva? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Quality Inn Sylva

Address: 2807 Highway 74 East, PO Box 2100, Sylva, NC 28779 (Formerly Sylva Inn)
Region: United States > North Carolina > North Carolina Mountains > Jackson County > Sylva
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Sylva
Price Range: £56 - £116 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Quality Inn Sylva 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Quality Inn Sylva reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Sylva Hotel Sylva