“DON'T STAY HERE”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Sylva
Georgia
“DON'T STAY HERE”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

After extending my stay till Aug 3, 2014, they called me at work on Aug 1 and told me they gave my room to someone else to come get my stuff I had stayed there 3-4 weeks. they lied to corp. about resv

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Sherry321

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
North Carolina
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We took a weekend get-a-way. I chose Quality Inn b/c I am a Choice Privileges Member. We were greeted warmly by the front desk personnel--and were always greeted when we left and came back. The room was fine and appeared clean. But there was a strong odor. I think that could be solved by cleaning the carpets. The alarm clock didn't work but we used our cell phones. I reported the broken clock when we checked out. Breakfast was fine and well-stocked.Towels were a little thin. But overall, not a bad stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LEGrayNorthCarolina
Morristown, Tennessee
Reviewed 7 July 2014

If you are looking for just the basic room with no fridg or microwave and an old style tv, this is it. It was clean and comfortable. The downside was you could smell cigarette smoke in the hallways and elevator. Skip the morning breakfast. It is not worth going down for except for the coffee. The hotel is located in a beautiful area in the North Carolina mountains. Not much to do in the area but sight see.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Lexington, South Carolina
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I have a TomTom and Garmin GPS and neither could locate the address of the hotel, however when I called they gave me a different address that worked. I found the staff to be courteous and accommodating. My room was on the 4th floor and it was clean and had a frig. I was happy with the quality and location of this Inn although it is located in a bad turn area. I would stay again as the price was reasonable.

Room Tip: I would recommend the 4th floor since it was quiet and had spacious rooms.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Wytheville, Virginia
Reviewed 30 May 2014

This hotel may have the "best rates", but there is nothing Quality about this hotel. It is dimly lit, and it smells awful. It seriously needs to be updated and CLEANED! Although we had a non-smoking room, our room smelled like an ashtray. Our couch in our room had two rips in it & some stain on it. The sheets on our bed weren't changed the entire time we stayed there. My boyfriend had ripped open his knuckle while at work which left a small stain on the sheet our right after we checked in. That same stain was there in the same spot when checkedout on Monday morning. You might as well forget about sleep because can hear the Smokey Mountain Expressway from the room. Besides the fact that you almost get rear-ended trying to pull into the place. It's located right off the edge of the expressway on an 8% grade hill. They don't have an lane you can get over onto, so the traffic behind you doesn't plow into you. You have to go past the hotel & turn around then cross the traffic to keep from being ran over. You can also hear people showering, talking, slamming doors, and pulling into the parking lot (we were on the 3rd floor). The free breakfast is a joke. They don't have any hot food other than the waffle maker, or you can microwave yourself oatmeal. I will never return to this place. Thank goodness it wasn't raining. Each day we left anywhere between 8-9 in the morning and we wouldn't return until 8-9 at night. I was extremely disappointed, I can't believe we wasted our points on this roach coach.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Zielinsk60
Blair, SC
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I stayed here while attending a wedding in the mountains. The mother of the bride reserved a large block of rooms. There is very little staff here, and we had to wait a while to check in. The entire hotel smells, and although in theory we had a no -smoking room, it still smelled of smoke. There was rarely anyone at the front desk, when one had questions, and you had to wait to check out. I guess we had it better than other wedding guests who stayed here. They had issues with heating, and cleanliness. The worst part is that after we waited to check out, and were charged, we found out later that our dear friend who had blocked out the rooms was also charged!!! When I called to rectify the situation, first they said they had no records of my card or stay, then the woman coyly suggested that perhaps the mother of the bride intended to pay for our room. Well if that was the case(which it wasn't), why did you charge both our cards?!?!? What kind of business doesn't have records of their reservations? I hope my poor friend eventually got her money back. Would never stay here again. If you do, check your credit card statement carefully after leaving!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Debra B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sylva
#2 of 6 in Sylva
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Sylva Dillsboro Area
Best Western Plus River Escape Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sylva-Western Carolina Area
#4 of 12 in Franklin
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#11 of 28 in Cherokee

Been to Quality Inn Sylva? Share your experiences!