“Great Family Experience”
Review of Tarboro Hotel

Tarboro Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Tarboro
Reviewed 6 June 2013

We came to Best Western for value and the convenience. Family lives in town and they stopped by. They were truly impressed with all of the amenities included with our hotel stay. For instance, fully loaded complimentary breakfast daily, beautiful pool, 24 hour access to gym, etc.
The room was great, although we upgraded to the large suite which made our stay more like being home. Staff was great and attentive and the service was impeccable. It was like being on vacation at a resort and visiting family at the same time. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to have 5 star accommodations at a reasonable price. Had a great time!!!

Jules

Room Tip: Corner suites are sunny and Large
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 2 June 2013

I will never stay here again. My family and I traveled over 8 hours because we had a funeral to attend. When we arrived and went to check in, we were told we had to wait because the rooms were not available. I booked 2 rooms. I explained to the clerk that we were in town for a funeral and we needed a place to shower really quick so we could get dressed, I then asked if we could get 1 room, any room just to shower and the clerk began to laugh, yes laugh.. So we went to Comfort Inn which was down the street, the clerk immediately gave me the keys to the room and asked what she could do to help so we could leave on time.

Room Tip: Go to Comfort Inn, down the street to the left!!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Iesha1
BWTarboro, Manager at Tarboro Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2013

Hello Lessa,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We value your opinion and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We are extremely sorry that we couldn’t check you in early morning upon your arrival. Since we were fully booked and our regular check in time is at 3pm, we did not have a room on standby for early morning check ins. But in the future, if you do plan to check in early, please give us an advance notice. This ensures us that you can have a clean and comfortable room ready for you. We want to make sure our customers’ requests are met with satisfaction.

We hope to see you again in the future and wish you the very best in your future endeavors.

Reviewed 24 May 2013

We stayed here the first part of May, 2013. This was our second time. The last time they were renovating from Hurricane Irene. All renovation is complete.
Our room was clean. The HVAC was great because it was relatively quiet and the compressor did not "rattle the room" every time it kicked in.
The staff was so friendly. They made sure we felt welcome and were always saying, "please let us now if you need anything."
The location is easy to get to, and there are eating and shopping opportunities nearby.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor. I never heard anything from the rooms beside us or in the hallway durin...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Boyfriend and I move to tarboro about two weeks ago and we have been here at best western, and I have NEVER gotten this type of service EVER!! I have to say that the owner has become a friend of our's he let us wash our clothes in the lanudry room, come on have you ever stay in a hotel where they have let you wash your clothes in "their" lanudry room? I have never meet anyone who is very nice costumer's come first, beakfast is good could do better on the meat area haha, got the pool re done so it looks good. Shocka is the owner and his employees's are the best became friends with couple of them, they have let boyfriend raid the beakfast area whenever he came in from work at three in the morning and they are just the best I could have never asked for a better stay and service here. Would not stay anywhere else in tarboro, NC.

Room Tip: If you want the smoking section they are on the second floor, that is also where the non smoking kin...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank SMcCarthy071
Reviewed 12 May 2013

My sister and I stayed twice recently on the way to and from Florida. Both stays were great! The staff are wonderful so helpful and ready to assist in anyway. the second time we stayed there was a little league convention nearby and there was alot of players and thier families there. I was a little concerned that it would be nosiy in the morning..it was not i could not hear anything!! It was wonderful. Very clean and I would definetly stay there again..

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 May 2013

The staff was great. They have excellent customer service. There is a decent common/dining area when you walk in w/ a large tv.
As for our room, I was not impressed. It just seemed dusty. There are still some rooms that are "smoking" rooms, but even if you have a " non-smoking" room you can smell it when you get off the elevator. Our actual room did NOT smell. After staying one night, we found evidence of bugs in one bed. Although, I had checked the beds on the first night, I hadn't checked each crevice in the seams on top of the mattress and the next day 2 of us had been bitten. After a more thorough inspection, I found physical evidence of bugs only in one bed. When brought to the attention of the staff, their customer service surpassed my expectations. Obv they understood us leaving and even checked up on us and fully refunded our stay. Other people in our party checked their rooms and found NO evidence of the same thing and stayed.
Overall, the staff is great but our room was not.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Lanasa31
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I have not visited a Best Western in quite some time and I was more then impressed with the location, service, food, rooms, and quality of this establishment. From the moment I made my reservation til the moment I check out, there was nothing but great interactions between the front staff members and I. This Hotel is a definite recommend.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tarboro
Quality Inn & Suites
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Greenville/University Med
Courtyard Greenville
Courtyard Greenville
#7 of 22 in Greenville

Been to Tarboro Hotel? Share your experiences!