“Best Western in Tarboro NC” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Tarboro Hotel

BEST WESTERN Tarboro Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Tarboro
Rocky Mount, North Carolina
“Best Western in Tarboro NC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

Great place to stay for a couple of days or just over night. Great rates. Onduty staff are awesome. They make sure your stay is a great one. Even if you a little late for the breakfast, they make sure you get something to eat. It is close to alot of the local resturants and the local golf course. Great place to just stop in and vist the downtown area.

Room Tip: Front side is a little quieter than the back due to the highway, but It's reallt not an issue.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Wildwood, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

My wife and I arrived Saturday, June 22nd, and all seemed well with our room; however, my wife soon saw a spider crawling up the baseboard, and later crawling out of her pillow case as she had started fluffing her pillow. In between the first and second spider, we noticed the room doors up and down the hallway were very loud upon guests closing. Further annoying were the loud voices emanating from the hallways, as a large party was ongoing in the meeting room. We then asked the manager to move to a second floor room and he was very accommodating. The room was quieter but the A/C fan was stuck and would not cut off. This made it difficult to fall asleep and was very annoying.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, choose a 2nd floor room.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Clinton, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

I booked my reservation online for a two-night stay and arrived for check-in on Friday, June 21. After several minutes of complete silence from the front desk clerk, she informs me that she doesn't see my reservation in the system. I give her a copy of my email confirmation and she continues to poke around on the computer. Finally she tells me that she found my reservation, but it's shown as being cancelled. I explain that I did not cancel the reservation and asked how this could have happened. She blamed it on the hotel's central booking system and says I should have called first. I proceed to inform the clerk that I book hotels frequently online and I NEVER call the hotel prior to my arrival. Once I've book my reservation and receive my confirmation, I arrive at the property expecting to receive the room I've booked. She apologizes profusely for the error and says they are happy that I have arrived for my stay.

Everything seemed decent upon arrival in the room with the exception of the AC unit which was stuck on "High" and could not be adjusted or turned off. We had to let it run for a while to cool off the room then unplug the cord from the wall since the knobs were broken.

After being out all day with family on Saturday, we return to the room to find that no one has cleaned the room. One of the beds appeared to be sloppily made and the towels we used were not removed and replaced with clean ones. The trash had not been emptied, the floor was not vacuumed, the bathroom had not been cleaned, etc. I went to the front desk to report this and the same clerk offered apologies for the room not being clean. I told her that I needed fresh towels and she disappeared in a back room for about five minutes and handed me slightly damp towels that just came out of a dryer, which looked unclean. At that point I was done and decided to go to the nearby Walmart to purchase towels.

If you ever visit the town of Tarboro, NC please skip this hotel unless you're just used to subpar hotel rooms and service. With the confusion as to whether my reservation was lost in the system or mistakenly cancelled and the room not being cleaned, it's not worth the trouble.

Sanford, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

I am from Tarboro and I moved away, had a family function in March and went and spent the night there. It was nice so had to be in town too times in May and both times went back to Best Western. The rooms are very clean and the staff is just wonderful Would highly recommend this to anyone. The owners also greeted you and really made you feel at home and very much welcomed.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Columbus, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

First, let me say that I work on the road so I am in hotels roughly 5 days a week. The service here is excellent. The two hotel staff I interacted with were extremely friendly and even more accommodating. Gayle kept my room in great shape and always had a smile while Shakur at the front desk helped with my end of week laundry. The room I had was very nice and had plenty of space to move about. There are some "cheaper." hotels down the road a bit but I extended my stay here twice because I am pleased with the experience I have had here. Not to mention the location is extremely convenient to major stores and restaraunts ( Walmart and Lowes across the street and a great variety of restaraunts within a two mile radius. Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Hamden, ct
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2013

We came to Best Western for value and the convenience. Family lives in town and they stopped by. They were truly impressed with all of the amenities included with our hotel stay. For instance, fully loaded complimentary breakfast daily, beautiful pool, 24 hour access to gym, etc.
The room was great, although we upgraded to the large suite which made our stay more like being home. Staff was great and attentive and the service was impeccable. It was like being on vacation at a resort and visiting family at the same time. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to have 5 star accommodations at a reasonable price. Had a great time!!!

Jules

Room Tip: Corner suites are sunny and Large
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

I will never stay here again. My family and I traveled over 8 hours because we had a funeral to attend. When we arrived and went to check in, we were told we had to wait because the rooms were not available. I booked 2 rooms. I explained to the clerk that we were in town for a funeral and we needed a place to shower really quick so we could get dressed, I then asked if we could get 1 room, any room just to shower and the clerk began to laugh, yes laugh.. So we went to Comfort Inn which was down the street, the clerk immediately gave me the keys to the room and asked what she could do to help so we could leave on time.

Room Tip: Go to Comfort Inn, down the street to the left!!!
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Iesha1
BWTarboro, Manager at BEST WESTERN Tarboro Hotel, responded to this review, 11 June 2013
Hello Lessa,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We value your opinion and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We are extremely sorry that we couldn’t check you in early morning upon your arrival. Since we were fully booked and our regular check in time is at 3pm, we did not have a room on standby for early morning check ins. But in the future, if you do plan to check in early, please give us an advance notice. This ensures us that you can have a clean and comfortable room ready for you. We want to make sure our customers’ requests are met with satisfaction.

We hope to see you again in the future and wish you the very best in your future endeavors.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tarboro
Baymont Inn & Suites Rocky Mount North Battleboro
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rocky Mount
Econo Lodge Battleboro North
Econo Lodge Battleboro North
#14 of 28 in Rocky Mount

Been to BEST WESTERN Tarboro Hotel? Share your experiences!