Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Thomasville/High Point/Lexi
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Thomasville
juqua1
“Three night stay”
Reviewed 18 June 2012

I was a little worried about staying here at first...I'm in NC visiting family, and knew I would be out most of the time. This hotel is off an exit where there is nothing but 2 gas stations (wonderful- a quiet area)....the room was small, but OMG the bed was so comfortable, the TV could be watched at night without having to prop yourself way up on pillows, and being on the third floor, I could also open my window without worry. The room was clean, the hotel was quiet, and for three nights, I slept like a baby - I'm a women traveling alone, and this place was perfect for the best price around. Oh and the fastest internet of all the hotels I have stayed in.

Room Tip: Being alone I was in a small room with a queen size bed- very comfortable!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank juqua1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
West Palm Beach
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Seldom do you get your money worth and more. I had a nice queen-suite, good TV reception for the NBA playoff championship game 2. The bed was exceptionally comfortable since I fell a sleep in the 4th quarter but I got a good nights rest. My only concern was that the AC unit was marginal; as requested by the manager, I kept the thermostat on low but the temp didn't feel real cool until the next morning. My wife is an interior designer in FL and I'm trained, so to speak, to look for color coordination and surrounding cloth materials ( a seating area(?) over the AC unit and under the window was really drap, the dark red material gave a dark and dirty feeling). However, overall I rated the overnight experience as "very good." The manager and his wife were very nice people. Don

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Don G
Greenville
Reviewed 7 May 2012

For the money this is the nicest hotel I've stayed at on business trips. Some of the placed I looked at in the same area for about the same money were scary. The rooms were nice, the bed comfortable with fluffy billowy white quilts. The bathroom clean, with all I needed. When I walked into the room the fragrance reminded me of a girl's shampoo. Employees were nice enough and it had a little continental breakfast. I'm not claiming it was a Hilton, but for the money it is the best value I've had in two years of working out of town construction projects. If I ever go back to Thomasville this will be the place I stay for sure.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Thomasville, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I had been staying in this hotel since April 9 due to having family issues. The stay to begin was friendly and courteous. I had a discounted rate because I had found a special. I would extend my stay every few days. Until Tuesday this week. I had not checked out yet and the manager had booked the room out from under me. His reasoning wad because someone wad going to pay more than I was going to. That is illegal to do in the state of north Carolina. So he proceeded to tell me that he had no room that I could stay in the bathroom. I became furious and let down even discriminated against as a paying consumer. I went back to the room and called corporate and told me the only thing they could really do was provide a refund. I am still furious and I will be taking action. My wife came to see me one night and was blocked by a few guys staying there almost assaulted. I would stay away from here they are bad news. That was my stay in a nutshell.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank mdwilson77
Harshad1943, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Thomasville/High Point/Lexi, responded to this review, 20 April 2012
We have Furniture Market and we were sold out for friday, saturday and Sunday. He tells me
Wednesday morning that he wants extends his stay thru weekend. I told him and even showed him printout that we are soldout and unfortunately i can not extend his stay. I wish i can tell him to stay but no room to sell. He don't wont to understand supply and demand.
He was a good customar and extend best wishes to him. I even offer to find room down the road and used " F ' word which is not in directory and we do not tolerate these kind of language
from anybody.
Thanks.
Thomasville
Reviewed 15 April 2012

After several days at the beach with late night/early a.m. constant daily calls to/from other family members not on vacation, I packed up and left, came home, and checked into the Microtel motel for two nights to finish out my vacation time - without interfering phone calls and lots of rest. The bed was incredibly comfortable as well as clean, and I had no problem falling asleep. I'm not sure if the TV was working correctly as I tried to turn the volume down and it seemed to stay the same. I thought HBO was included, but never found it in the channel line-up, although a HBO guide was in the room. This was not an important factor, so I left it as is. Continental breakfast was satisfying and nearby restaurants were less than 2 miles away at the Interstate. The staff was very nice and the manager asked if I would be willing to give a review, offering this website. This was my first stay even though I lived less than 5 miles away.

Room Tip: Stayed on 2nd floor near the elevator. No bothersome sounds even though room faced the interstate a...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank PJ J
Reviewed 31 March 2012

There were candy wrappers on the floor, a dead cockroach under the sink, and stains on the comforter. Also, the air conditioner did not work well. Yuck.

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank speedygo
Harshad1943, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Thomasville/High Point/Lexi, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
I am surprised you kept that complain to your self. We checked our weekend staff and they told me there was no complain of any kind. I would liked to know wheather you were one of our guest at our motel or you could be one of our compititors and if you were I like to know what room no.you stayed in. We washed all our airconditioners in march. We have regular service from Orkins every month. I have not seen any roaches in 11 years.
Harshad Amin,GM

Travellers are raving about these Thomasville hotels

Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Everything about this hotel was up to par. The service personnel are super kind and helpful, the hotel itself is pet freindly, the atmosphere was nice and there are plenty or restaurants nearby. To boot, there are a bunch or consumer guides inside the room letting you get to know the surrounding area.

Theonly thing that I Can find lacking at this hotel is the selection at their continental breakfast.

Otherwise, Microtel is really quite a good place to stay.

Room Tip: Third floor 'n' stuff
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thomasville
Days Inn Lexington
Days Inn Lexington
#1 of 7 in Lexington
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, High Point (Greensboro/Winston-Salem)
Quality Inn & Suites
#9 of 14 in High Point
Stay Lodge Thomasville
Stay Lodge Thomasville
#4 of 7 in Thomasville

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Thomasville/High Point/Lexi? Share your experiences!