“Very disappointing”

Captain Tom's Seafood
Ranked #41 of 88 Restaurants in Thomasville
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 16 August 2014

On Friday evening, August 15, 2014, I ordered three large whitefish platters to go. I asked for tartar sauce but was given ranch dressing. The fish was so dry and tough as to be practically inedible. Although I eat here fairly often this experience was enough to convince me to take all future business elsewhere. I would have enjoyed a McDonald's fish filet more than this meal. Don't waste your money. There are better seafood restaurants in High Point, Winston-Salem and Reedy Creek.

1  Thank pberrier-ws-nc

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We had a terrible experience at this restaurant. We both ordered the broiled platter. My shrimp tasted like rubber - overcooked, old, and THEN sat under a heat lamp. It took nearly 10 minutes to find the waitress... we sent the shrimp back, and they ordered more (which didn't arrive for nearly 20 minutes, in much the same condition). Then I nearly choked on a bone in my "fillet" (which also tasted anything but fresh). Then my husband found a FIN on his piece of fish (which was equally nasty).

When we went up front to pay, we told the girl at the counter what happened and she was like, "Oh. Okay. That'll be $32.95 please".

Ummmmmmmm... how about let us talk to the manager? A small conference led to one of the teenagers going to find the waitress, who came back and said the manager would take half off one of the meals. Ummmm... really? Both meals were terrible and you're going to take off half of one of them?

We paid, simply because things were getting tense - but I am disputing the charge on my credit card bill, and I am writing this review and sharing it on Facebook so that nobody else will go there and be as disappointed as we were.

3  Thank KaySharpe
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Great service and the food taste excellent. We look forward to returning when we visit Thomasville again.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Had dinner with a group of friends on a Saturday evening. I ordered the senior flounder with baked potato and slaw. Usually, a senior order consists of one piece of fish. I was surprised to have two large pieces of some of the best flounder I had eaten in a long time. It was thick, mild and flakey. Everyone at my table enjoyed their food. Our server was very attentive and everyone left full and happy.

Reviewed 22 March 2013

My brother was visiting from Ohio. My husband suggested we take him and our granddaughter to Captain Tom's for dinner his last night here. We had been telling them how much we love going there.

Now, we all have had the experience of bragging on a service to someone, and then finding out that their experience was not like ours, right? Not in this case. We have never had anything less than what we expect..friendly staff, clean and comfortable surroundings, good prices, and delicious food. They have a very nice variety of menu items, something to please every appetite. Don't like seafood? Try the delicious steak and chicken dishes!

We were not disappointed last night! My brother could not believe the quality of the food, and the generous portions. Three of us had to request doggie bags! We were never hurried. Our waitress was not only very efficient, she was friendly and attentive, but not intrusive. She earned her tip simply by her wonderful attitude.

I can't recommend this restaurant enough. We have been visiting there for over 12 years. I cannot recall one time where we were disappointed in any way. Small town flavor and atmosphere with a quality product and service. Enjoy!