“Fast, good food!!”

Sunrise Diner
Ranked #7 of 88 Restaurants in Thomasville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Closed on Sunday. Sad. Was told about it and love it! Good food, generous quantities, good selection. Wait staff was very good. Will definitely go back!

Reviewed 21 May 2013

The food here was okay- nothing really special. The prices are very reasonable and the amount of food you get is great. The staff is nice.

1  Thank Bluedog1623
Reviewed 19 May 2013

First I asked the lady specifically if all of our food was bagged as it seemed light. She assured me it was. I got home missing all 3 orders of French fries and our pickles. We each got a Gyro. I asked for one to have only sauce and lettuce. It was full of green peppers and had no lettuce. These were on my top 5 worst Gyros I have ever had. And the sauce was not authentic...I am not sure what it was. The onion rings were chewy and cold. I think they had cooked them more than an hour prior to serving them. They certainly were not cooked to order. I will not be back.

1  Thank Mary S
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Great service, friendly staff. Clear and bright interior.Try the sausage and gray over biscuits if you like a good southern breakfast. Never had a bad meal or bad service. We try to go there at least once a month.

Reviewed 14 February 2012

The Sunrise diner is a bright, clean, spacious restaurant on the main drag of a small town. As you walk in the door, you hear country music playing and see a portrait of Jesus on the back wall. It's a little slice of Americana, Southern style. If you live in Thomasville, you've probably already been to the Sunrise. If you're visiting in town, make sure you stop by for a meal. The service is excellent, the portions are large and the food is good.

The breakfast menu includes Southern classics, such as grits, country ham, pancakes and biscuits. There's a hot buffet option at lunch and dinner. Sunrise's large menu also includes burgers and sandwiches. I enjoyed a marinated chicken breast sandwich with french fries and cucumber salad. Delicious, and more than I could eat! And our waitress was attentive and helpful with menu selections.

Very enjoyable experience. Recommended!

1  Thank CMF-NC