“Typical seafood joint”

Breezeway Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, View, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Breezeway Restaurant at Topsail Island situated on picturesque Topsail Sound, this casual seafood family restaurant provides waterfront dining at its very best. Conveniently located 6.2 miles south of Surf City stoplight The Breezeway sits right at the waters edge. The Cherry Family invite you to join them for delicious seafood, hushpuppies and a spectacular view of the Topsail Sound.
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Typical seafood joint”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I came to Breezeway many times as a child and returned last fall with my husband. The service was incredibly, incredibly slow, but our waitress was friendly the few times she did stop by our table. Though she was apologetic, we were very unhappy with how long it took to simply get drinks! The food was great and I thoroughly enjoyed my scallops and the view was unbeatable - sunset over the water! We may go back, but only after trying other options on the island.

• Visited September 2013

Four Oaks, North Carolina, United States
“Great family dining experience”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

My husband and I ate here with his family our first night at the beach. The waitress was friendly, the prices were reasonable for seafood, and the food was good. I was impressed with the fried shrimp platter; the shrimp were a large size and fried the was they should be, not too much batter and not overly crispy. Everyone seemed to enjoy their dinner and it was a good family experience. The view was also an added to touch to the restaurant experience.

Atlanta
“The View, The Seafood, The Hushpuppies”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I've been coming to the Breezeway for dinner since the early 70's. It's a family run restaurant with the freshest seafood you find. The prices are very reasonable -- tell me another restaurant that offers bottles of wine for less than $20 a bottle. That's a steal!!

We were at the beach for a week. We ate at the Breezeway three times. Got something different every time and each meal was perfect. The hushpuppies are the best hushpuppies ever. Period. And they'll bring you more! For free!

Grilled shrimp, boiled shrimp, blackened flounder, crab cakes, deviled crab and soft shelled crab. We had french fries and perfectly cooked baked potatoes. I don't know where these other folks are eating, but I don't know where you can find another restaurant where you can have a bottle of wine, a basket of hushpuppies and two entrees for $52.

Aaaand -- there is a view of the water from every single table. While you're waiting you can go out to the dock and watch people reeling in fish and crabs. Oh yeah, and the sunset is amazing.

Great service, great food. Go.

1 Thank SandBAtlanta
Los Angeles
“Good food, great view”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We wanted a dinner out with local food. I think that is what we got. The hushpuppies were very good, not greasy. Fish of the day was grilled Mahi, very fresh and well prepared. Side was a baked potato, which wasn't cooked through. By the time it was replaced, I had finished the rest of my dinner, so didn't want it. They were out of several popular shrimp dishes. The rest of the party had clams and oysters, and there were no complaints.

Arlington, Virginia
“Generally a positive experience, with some caveats”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We've enjoyed the Breezeway for many Summers now and enjoy the positive experience. The servers are usually friendly and efficient and the food is reliable. Anything fried is fried well, and the hushpuppies are a treat. Even when the place is busy the staff work hard to get people taken care of.

The unhappiness found in our latest visit involve changes to the menu (several items' prices have jumped) along with the discovery that the bacon wrapped scallops (one of those items that has gone up in price) now feature half-scallops instead of whole ones. Sad to see that sort of double-squeeze on the customer, and it does not leave a great impression. The experience with grouper fingers was similar; last Summer they were large pieces of grouper, whereas what we got this time resembled clam strips, albeit slightly large ones. Too bad.