“Review 9AUG 2014”

Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Topton
Canton, Georgia
“Review 9AUG 2014”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Raft yesterday, 9 AUG14, with a group from Ga. We had a great time. I have been on the Nantahala several times as I am a whitewater kayaker and certified White-Water Rescue Technician. Yesterday I was looking for a great opportunity to give my 8-year-old daughter a safe and fun first-river experience so she may join me further down the road. (While I am a good kayaker, river-reader, and safety trained, I acknowledged my rafting inexperience). I expected to have guides that are not only safe and informative, but act with a decorum of respect for the other employed guides from this organization. I expect guides to communicate their knowledge and experience in a manner that is productive and done in a way that does not scare or intimidate the other guest with little to no river experience. Yesterday I was taken back when Beth decided to ridicule and chastise her fellow guide in such a large audience of 3+ boats. Then she continued to tell everyone how dangerous the 'FALLS' is, and done it in a way to scare the young children and inexperienced adults in the group. Seriously, while the water needs to be respected, communication of instructions, recommendations, and reminder of water hazards needs to be done in a way that it does not intimidate and scare the crap out of the kids. I spent the next several minutes consoling two scared kids and assured them we would get them down the river safely. I was able to get them over the fears that was inappropriately communicated to them by an angry Staff Member... If that was not enough, when we got off the River, Beth spoke to the other guest of the party inappropriately. Beth continued to 'Bark' at them and treats them like privates in Basic Training. (I know the difference of talking to a Basic Trainee and a Soldier, as I spent 20 years as an Army Officer...)
If you’re that unhappy with your job, your co-workers, or life then find another occupation.

I was extremely disappointed that when our Guide was attempting to conduct his Safety Briefing at the Carolina Outfitters before boarding the bus, several employees kept attempting to cut short the briefing to move the buses to the river. Under No Circumstances should another employee interrupt or attempt to cut short a Safety Briefing, which was Extremely Unprofessional and will not be tolerated.

I will say that I was extremely happy with the Guide assigned to our group (I believe his name was Rob). He was very informative, professional, and kept the group experience fun while safe.

I was disappointed that Carolina Outfitters did not have enough guides to put 1 in each boat when some boats had not experienced rafters.

The Staff the run the photography, the quality of the pictures and the speed and pricing of getting the river photos was outstanding...

This was my first experience with Carolina Outfitters. Previously I have used guides and Instruction Service from the NOC. I promise going forward I will remain at the NOC regardless of any group activity suggesting otherwise. I will not put my daughter or friends lives in the hands of an organization that does not respect basic Safety Briefings, Professional decorum with their fellow Staff, 'Barks' at their customers, and cannot communicate to their customers in a manner that is productive without scaring the kids.

I expect Carolina Outfitters may delete this posting... I would hope they would not. If you want more direct feedback, Message Me on Facebook with your phone number or email, and I will give you more information...

Visited August 2014
BreKay2014, Guest Relations Manager at Carolina Outfitters, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you had a great time.
Customer safety and enjoyment is the highest priority on any of our rafting adventures. However, we want our guides to communicate instructions and directions, and to inform and/or warn in a reasonable and prudent manner that will not frighten young children and inexperienced adults. The river is a fun place to be and there is no room for anger or inappropriate instructional behavior from any of our staff members. In our efforts to provide the best possible customer service, we have addressed this issue with the guide in question, and given her specific direction on this issue. In addition, we have reviewed our guidelines related to this issue with our entire staff.
Interruption or hurrying of a safety briefing is unacceptable conduct, and this issue has been reviewed with the entire staff.
Glad that our guide Rob was informative, professional, and kept your group experience fun while safe.
Guests can choose to have a ‘guide in boat’ trip with a guide in each raft, or with larger groups a ‘guide assisted’ trip option is available with guide in generally every other raft. That is a personal choice option of each rafting group.
Thank you for your feedback. We make decisions with our customers in mind, and there is always room for improvement in any company.

Characteristics of possible company affiliated manipulation of social media:
1.) An affiliate takes a trip with a competitor
2.) Posts a bad review
3.) Suggests a SPECIFIC competitor company for Trip Advisor Readers

“Nantahala rafting with Graham”
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Awesome!! Graham was our guide and made the kids feel safe. He also taught us all a lot about the history of Nantahala.

Andrews, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Rafting”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I went rafting and the staff were are friendly and helpful. You can take guided or unguided trips and the guides are very kind.Definitely want to go again.

Visited August 2014
“Amazing time with an amazing guide”
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

We had a great time with our guide joe! With some of us doing the Noc rafting before, this was out first time with carolina. We had a great time. Joe was amazing and was very informative. He worked with our crazy family and made us feel more then welcome. Next time we come up we are gonna go with carolina outfitters and ask for joe! Thank you again!

Asheville, North Carolina
“Delightful Day!”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Our trip on the Nantahala was fun and easy. Joe was our guide and he was great! We had three grandchildren with us and Joe was very kind to them - including them so well! I recommend it and recommend Joe.