“Scenic golf”

Stone Mountain Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Traphill
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The scenery by far outweighs the golf course. The golf course is 5400 yards and nothing exciting at all. Tee boxes are back yard grass, pin head greens and unforgiving fairways....but it is beautiful all around. Make sure to use the bug spray provided on the porch as you will be eaten alive if you forget! If I happen to be in the area for something else and had the time I would play it again but I would not make it my destination to go play.

2  Thank Tarheel101
There are newer reviews for Stone Mountain Golf Club

Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

I play this course 2+ times a month, weather permitting. A lot of the time I have my 5 yr old with me and he plays too. The owners call him "little big man" and have always treated us like part of the family. The course is well kept and I challenge you to find a course this amazing for the same price. The views are wonderful especially in the late afternoon when the sun is setting over the Blue Ridge Mountains. That time of day is when I like to play. The course is a little tighter than most and it forces you to play your best. The greens are always in great shape. I recommend this course to anyone who likes to play golf. One piece of advice, the greens break down the mountain.

1  Thank Smokeybare06
Reviewed 22 April 2012

the people that run it was very nice and the greens were in great shape

Reviewed 24 August 2011

We played the golf course on 8/19/11. The cost was $19.50 per person and included a cart. We had 7 golfers in our party and we all enjoyed the day. The owner and his wife are extermly accomidating and truley appreciated us visiting. I live 5 1/2 hours away but I will be back. Don't miss this deal if you are in the area.

Reviewed 29 December 2009

We played there the last week in October 2009 in wet conditions. The course lived up to our expectations. The greens were fast with lots of undulation. Actually plays a little longer than expected; don't think you will want to walk. The staff was as friendly and helpful as we have run into anywhere! We were given a handout with hole-by-hole information and how to play each one. This course may be off the beaten path but you should not miss it. Well worth the small fees. I have paid twice as much for half as much. We will return.