“Drinking in local enterprise”
Review of Daveste' Vineyards

Daveste' Vineyards
Ranked #3 of 4 things to do in Troutman
More attraction details
Owner description: Daveste’ Vineyards is proud to be the first winery in Iredell County, North Carolina. We're conveniently located about 35 miles north of Charlotte, NC and near the intersection of I-40 and I-77. Our winery annually produces 1,000 cases of wine, including both dry and semi-sweet red and white wines. While offering some traditional favorites like Merlot and Chardonnay, wine lovers are enjoying our Chambourcin and Viognier. And some of our wines are further distinguished by being produced from varietals rarely grown in North Carolina, including Malbec and Rkatsiteli. Our rustic, timber frame-style tasting room is open year-round. Our tasting room also serves as an art gallery displaying artwork by local North Carolina artists who meet each week at the vineyard. We invite you to visit us soon to enjoy the company of good friends, friendly staff, fine art and, of course, quality wines.
Mount Sidney, Virginia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Drinking in local enterprise”
Reviewed 15 May 2013

I was looking for something to do on my way back from an appointment in Statesville, NC and found this on the internet. There was a range of opinions and wanted to see for myself. I was greeted warmly at the tasting room; I was the only one there because it was in the middle of a weekday. It impressed me that a lonesome stranger could feel at home so readily. I am a red wine person and so I was offered samples of what she happened to have open. They were both pleasant with enough personality to make the trip worthwhile. The 2008 Merlot is sold out but I am willing to take the drive again to experience more of their offerings. Regardless of whether or not one considers their wines to be superlative, it is the opportunity to imbibe someone's dream that was most significant to me.

Visited May 2013

Mooresville, North Carolina
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great place to take that someone special!”
Reviewed 8 March 2013

You can tell the owners take much pride in what they have created here. The buildings and scenery are beautiful, and the wine is crafted with care and attention to detail. On Thursday evenings they have live music outside under their large picnic shelter. (music is not year round so check their website for the schedule) You can bring your own cheeses and snacks to go with their wine selection. It's just a nice little place to sip on some vino, listen to music, enjoy the great NC weather, and stare into the eyes of that someone special!

Visited October 2012
2 Thank RaceCityResident
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Nice little gem”
Reviewed 24 January 2013

We have enjoyed many fun afternoons at this hidden gem. Daveste offers a beautiful locale, great live local music and a relaxed and enjoyable atmosphere. Nice wines, nice locale, nice people. You could call it....NICE!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Michael R
Lake Norman, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Great Little Local Winery”
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Friendly. Decent Wines, and right here at the Lake! I expect that there offerings will only improve with time!