“Wonderful Hospitality”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tryon
Marilyn's Melrose Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Tryon B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Madison
“Wonderful Hospitality”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I stayed at the Melrose Inn for a total of 3 nights and 4 days and I really enjoyed my stay. A very good value as breakfast was included in the price which was made personally each morning by Marilynn and far superior to the "breakfast" you get at one of the corporate chain hotels. On my last day, I even invited some of my friends who live in Tryon and they raved about the food. Also included in the price are a nightly "happy hour" offering free snacks, wine and beer. I stayed in the Africa Room and enjoyed the décor.A stay here is definitely worth the money.

William A. Johnson

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Tryon NC
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I have no hesitation about giving highly recommending the Melrose Inn to one and all, but especially to my friends and family -those I care most about. We needed pampering, tender loving care, and a vacation from harsh reality. My dear friend and I found exactly that, along with delicious food prepared by our hostess, prompt attention to our every request, and a wonderful porch on which to lounge and put our feet up. This is an experience for those who want rest and relaxation, a beautiful, historic place to explore, and a convenient location within walking distance to the shops, restaurants, entertainment, and historic sites found in downtown Tryon. Both of us left feeling rested and refreshed, and both of us will come back to the Melrose Inn as often as possible, with appreciation for Marilyn's excellent hospitality. Thank you!

Room Tip: Browse the website and choose the room that appeals to you. Each one is different, and absolutely u...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Abbeville, South Carolina
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Marilyn's Melrose Inn was a great get away. My husband and I enjoy coming to the Tryon Area. This was our first time with Marilyn and throughly enjoy our stay and the food was delicious. We would highly recommend Marilyn's Melrose Inn.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cindy P
wellfor SC
Reviewed 30 May 2013

I was astounded by the review that was posted recently.it has been my experience that the inn has a very high quality reputation for cleanliness, and quality performance by the owner and employees. There has not been a time when I have visited the inn that I saw any of the items listed in the review. I have to assume that the person was talking about another experience and not the Melrose inn. I don't believe that I have seen any other poor reviews. about the inn. I have been very happy to visit there and it will b e my first choice if I travel again to Tryon.

Room Tip: it is hard to select a particular room for me ,because they all have their own characteristics whic...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank charles k
marilynquilter, Owner at Marilyn's Melrose Inn, responded to this review, 2 June 2013
I truly appreciate your desire to " set the record straight", on behalf of myself and my employees....fortunately the review you mentioned was removed due to its ugly and attack oriented nature....bless my fabulous guests for their time to support the truth! Marilyn
Maryville, Tennessee
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Even if you can't stay overnight right then, go out of your way to go see Marilyn's Melrose Inn in Tryon, NC. Without question it is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen; it is an absolute wonderland! Our room was incredible: beautiful, warm, well-decorated, and clean as a whistle. Every where you look there is something new to catch your eye. The service was incredible--I thought I was in a $500 a night suite! Marilyn is a gracious hostess and a gourmet chef; breakfast and dinner make me drool just thinking about them. I really hated to leave it was so great there. But we will be back--regardless of how far we have to drive!

Room Tip: If you have your doggie with you, Egyptian has a lot of floor space.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Thomas K
Cowpens, South Carolina
Reviewed 13 April 2013

Marilyn's Melrose Inn was a perfect get-away after a very stressful week. I lost someone very close to me and my husband decided to take me to the Melrose Inn to get my mind off everything that had been going on. Marilyn was such a terrific host and the Inn is out of this world. She has so many beautiful pieces in the home and it is an art gallery in itself. Each room has a different theme and she will let you change rooms after yous see them if you decide you would like a different one than the original room you reserved. She is so kind and charismatic. She truly makes you feel at home as soon as you enter the inn. She is an outstanding cook as well. She prepared us dinner and breakfast, both which were the quality of a five star restaurant. I highly recommend this inn to anyone staying in Tryon overnight!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Gatineau, Canada
Reviewed 22 March 2013

my wife and I returned for a 2nd visit to the Inn. (last visited November 2011)
The food is still great. Enjoyed a few meals while there. marilyn is a great host
as she links you to interesting people and places in Tyron. Like visiting family.
Rooms clean and comfortable and quiet. . Right across the street fron the Tryon
Arts Center and within walking distance from downtown Tryon. Would definitely
return again to Marilyn`s.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tryon
Days Inn Columbus Tryon
#1 of 11 in Hendersonville
CedarWood Inn
CedarWood Inn
#5 of 11 in Hendersonville

Been to Marilyn's Melrose Inn? Share your experiences!