“Best B&B Stay I've Ever Enjoyed”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tryon
Marilyn's Melrose Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Tryon B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I stayed at Marilyn's Melrose Inn for a personal writing retreat and couldn't have been more pleased with my stay. There were plenty of spots to sit and write, think, and relax scattered throughout the inn and grounds. The breakfasts were scrumptious and served when and where I wanted them. Coffee outside the room when I woke up was a delightful touch. Marilyn herself is a gem--generous, interesting, kind, and thoughtful. I slept well, was able to accomplish all I set out to do, and enjoyed myself immensely during my stay. I highly recommend this delightful B&B to all Tryon visitors.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank LeahH01

Reviewed 31 August 2013

Interesting and eclectic decor. Marilyn couldn't have been nicer and more accommodating. Breakfast was excellent. We ate one morning on the porch which was relaxing with all the birds. Three of us stayed in Floral Abundance and it was very affordable.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank DRT915
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Several of our relatives stayed here recently, in order to attend a family memorial service. We also gathered together (including those who actually stayed there, and others who were in town, but stayed elsewhere) to have several meals together. We were all very pleased with everything. The interesting and eclectic decor and furnishings, complete with many of Marilyn's own quilts, provided a warm and welcoming atmosphere. There were interesting objects at every turn. The rooms were comfortable and beautifully decorated, each in a distinctive way. The meals, including dinner and two breakfasts, were top-rate. Marilyn personally prepared everything, according to our preferences, and everybody was quite satisfied. She easily accommodated food preferences, including gluten-free and vegetarian. Her breakfasts were truely full breakfasts, and she easily added up to eight extra people, who were not overnight guests, so that we could all eat together. She even provided space for some of us to meet and do "work" related to the reason we were in town. It really felt like we were staying at the home of a dear friend or relative. I highly recommend Marilyn's Melrose Inn. You'll Love it Here!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Dennis J
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Great hospitality. We had to shorten our stay at the last minute because of a funeral. I am a pastor. Marilyn was very accommodating. She refunded our Friday stay and allowed us to stay later on Sunday.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I stayed at the Melrose Inn for a total of 3 nights and 4 days and I really enjoyed my stay. A very good value as breakfast was included in the price which was made personally each morning by Marilynn and far superior to the "breakfast" you get at one of the corporate chain hotels. On my last day, I even invited some of my friends who live in Tryon and they raved about the food. Also included in the price are a nightly "happy hour" offering free snacks, wine and beer. I stayed in the Africa Room and enjoyed the décor.A stay here is definitely worth the money.

William A. Johnson

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I have no hesitation about giving highly recommending the Melrose Inn to one and all, but especially to my friends and family -those I care most about. We needed pampering, tender loving care, and a vacation from harsh reality. My dear friend and I found exactly that, along with delicious food prepared by our hostess, prompt attention to our every request, and a wonderful porch on which to lounge and put our feet up. This is an experience for those who want rest and relaxation, a beautiful, historic place to explore, and a convenient location within walking distance to the shops, restaurants, entertainment, and historic sites found in downtown Tryon. Both of us left feeling rested and refreshed, and both of us will come back to the Melrose Inn as often as possible, with appreciation for Marilyn's excellent hospitality. Thank you!

Room Tip: Browse the website and choose the room that appeals to you. Each one is different, and absolutely u...