Marilyn's Melrose Inn
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Tryon
See available hotels
Mountain Lodge(Flat Rock)
CedarWood Inn(Hendersonville)
Ramada Hendersonville(Hendersonville)
View Hotel
All reviewsfront porcheclectic decorincluding wine and beerfilled to the brimhostess ownerunique bed and breakfastb bknick knacksguest roomsart galleriesfantastic staywithin walking distancebreakfast was excellentsitting areanorth carolinaequestrianquilters
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

The owner is also a gourmet cook . The meals were top notch . The rooms are theme decorated. My husband and I stayed in the Egyptian room . When we checked in , we were greeted with a glass of wine and comfy in the parlor with a fire .there were lots of collections which made for vibrant conversation .

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Bentley M
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

This inn is located just blocks from downtown Tryon. We were in town to attend a beer festival. This historic property is decorated with themed rooms and interesting collections. Marilyn the owner is engaging and animated about her dream of being an inn keeper. Rooms are surprising quiet for an older home. Great host and breakfast was fresh, nice presentation and filling. The rates for an inn are very reasonable. We hope to be back for the BBQ festival in June.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TravelnutTN
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I stayed at Marilyn's Melrose Inn for a personal writing retreat and couldn't have been more pleased with my stay. There were plenty of spots to sit and write, think, and relax scattered throughout the inn and grounds. The breakfasts were scrumptious and served when and where I wanted them. Coffee outside the room when I woke up was a delightful touch. Marilyn herself is a gem--generous, interesting, kind, and thoughtful. I slept well, was able to accomplish all I set out to do, and enjoyed myself immensely during my stay. I highly recommend this delightful B&B to all Tryon visitors.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank LeahH01
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Interesting and eclectic decor. Marilyn couldn't have been nicer and more accommodating. Breakfast was excellent. We ate one morning on the porch which was relaxing with all the birds. Three of us stayed in Floral Abundance and it was very affordable.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank DRT915
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Several of our relatives stayed here recently, in order to attend a family memorial service. We also gathered together (including those who actually stayed there, and others who were in town, but stayed elsewhere) to have several meals together. We were all very pleased with everything. The interesting and eclectic decor and furnishings, complete with many of Marilyn's own quilts, provided a warm and welcoming atmosphere. There were interesting objects at every turn. The rooms were comfortable and beautifully decorated, each in a distinctive way. The meals, including dinner and two breakfasts, were top-rate. Marilyn personally prepared everything, according to our preferences, and everybody was quite satisfied. She easily accommodated food preferences, including gluten-free and vegetarian. Her breakfasts were truely full breakfasts, and she easily added up to eight extra people, who were not overnight guests, so that we could all eat together. She even provided space for some of us to meet and do "work" related to the reason we were in town. It really felt like we were staying at the home of a dear friend or relative. I highly recommend Marilyn's Melrose Inn. You'll Love it Here!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family